Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Even though I have a new steering rack and lines installed, I'm thinking this is actually another PS leak... it's running down the same side and place as my original PS leak before the rack and lines went in...but I can't see anything actually leaking yet the underside left is soaking wet. My PS fluid is well down too, down almost to the ADD level when cold. Are there any points where line seals might be leaking???...Any advice or diagrams of the lines floating around that might help me trace everything?

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, and the previous owner had the PS cooler bypassed so it's not part of the equation.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
210 Posts
Check where the rubber/steel line joints are - they can drip. You might need to put a hose clamp or two on there in order to stop the drip/leak completely (in addition to the factory clamp).

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
20 Posts
I replaced my power steering cooler with an aftermarket. No more worries. The original one was steel and got rust holes in it. There is a Utube video on what I did. I did not have to remove the old one. This took about two hours. You can't by pass it here in S florida.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer LT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know that I would have bypassed it myself, but since the previous owner had it done already there is no way I'll revert back. In fact, if it wasn't such a bloody palaver to remove it, I'd like to rip the thing out. It's like a set of rusted teeth...LOL.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
20 Posts
I can't really see mine. To replace it is a big job for a home guy. You must remove the bumper cover, inner bumper and some other bumper mounts. Saw how to do it on Utube and it wasn't that bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts