Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New person here,

My '07 TB SS is 3/4" lower on the right rear than the left rear. I took it in to the selling dealer and after having it for a day was told "it's within specs". Translation: They don't know how to adjust it ... and they really don't want to learn how.

I see that Belltech has a lowering kit of front springs and instructions to adjust the rear ride height. I don't want to lower it, just even it out. Any side to side adjustments for the rear ?

Apologies if this has been thrashed before.

Fred
Centerville, OH

·
Registered
2007 chevy
389 Posts
ahhh another one with the chevy lean the dealer and company state that if its within .79 of an inch its with in spec.... mine does not have this but i know that balistik and rossiss have it :m2:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Fud, send me an email with your email addy and I'll email you a link to fix it. I cannot post it on this forum.

Or, you can take it to Bob Ross Buick GMC and pay them a half hour or so of labor and they can fix it for you. They showed me how to do it on my '03 Envoy SLT.

Hope to get to meet you Sunday at Moraine.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
204 Posts
mine had the same problem the day i got it and took home. called dealer same day and they fixed 2 days later. :nono::nono: their is a tsb for adjusting the rear, tell dealer to look it up.

bullitan 06-03-09-006a recalibrate air spring sensor.

i hate dealers who will not go the extra step to make sure their customer is happy, they should all die.:woot:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I took mine in to get the rear posi fixed(replaced) and had them fix my right rear side low also. Now my truck is jacked up so high in the back it drives squirrelly. GREAT. They said they had to recalibrate it, but now its messed up. I had thought it was just a sensor adjustment, but is it a software thing? Thanks

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
I took mine in to get the rear posi fixed(replaced) and had them fix my right rear side low also. Now my truck is jacked up so high in the back it drives squirrelly. GREAT. They said they had to recalibrate it, but now its messed up. I had thought it was just a sensor adjustment, but is it a software thing? Thanks
mine had the same problem the day i got it and took home. called dealer same day and they fixed 2 days later. :nono::nono: their is a tsb for adjusting the rear, tell dealer to look it up.

bullitan 06-03-09-006a recalibrate air spring sensor.

i hate dealers who will not go the extra step to make sure their customer is happy, they should all die.:woot:
Just have the dealer look up the info above and adjust the sensors.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did one better, I looked it up myself, is not that hard, and if you do it just like the service manual says, AND you don't have any bad parts, it comes out perfect the first time. The important part is to make to spacer/calibrate height blocks, right around 4.20" high, put the body on jack stands, let the rear axle drop, turn the key on 2 minutes a couple of times so the air ride lets air out to try to lower truck, raise axle to set the axle to frame distance on each side using the spacer blocks(that is normal ride height). Loosen sensor body, then rotate the sensor body until the hole in the arm aligns with the hole in the sensor body(use a 4mm drill bit to check), then lock the sensor body down. Mine was within 1/8" side to side afterwords, and it was much easier than the 3-4hr round trip and wait to dealer and $25 wasted gas.

PS Just for the info, the official TBSS service manual says: For air suspension vehicles, the rear ride height (D) dimension should not vary over 8mm / 0.30" side to side.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fud, send me an email with your email addy and I'll email you a link to fix it. I cannot post it on this forum.

Or, you can take it to Bob Ross Buick GMC and pay them a half hour or so of labor and they can fix it for you. They showed me how to do it on my '03 Envoy SLT.

Hope to get to meet you Sunday at Moraine.
Bill....sent ya a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did one better, I looked it up myself, is not that hard, and if you do it just like the service manual says, AND you don't have any bad parts, it comes out perfect the first time. The important part is to make to spacer/calibrate height blocks, right around 4.20" high, put the body on jack stands, let the rear axle drop, turn the key on 2 minutes a couple of times so the air ride lets air out to try to lower truck, raise axle to set the axle to frame distance on each side using the spacer blocks(that is normal ride height). Loosen sensor body, then rotate the sensor body until the hole in the arm aligns with the hole in the sensor body(use a 4mm drill bit to check), then lock the sensor body down. Mine was within 1/8" side to side afterwords, and it was much easier than the 3-4hr round trip and wait to dealer and $25 wasted gas.

PS Just for the info, the official TBSS service manual says: For air suspension vehicles, the rear ride height (D) dimension should not vary over 8mm / 0.30" side to side.
This is good information right here. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
82 Posts
Go to the other TBSS owner's forum...

Look up the lowering instructions. I'll summarize below:

Turn the key on to run but don't start the car.
Don't remove the bolts to the adjusters, but loosen them.
Turn the adjusters until the rear sits level.
Tighten the bolts back up.
Done.

The entire process should take 5-10 minutes. You don't need a lift, jack, or anything special. A ratcheting wrench or ratchet should help, but I've done it with a simple adjustable wrench.

Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2007 SS has this problem as well. It's been in the shop now 6 times and the repair lasts an average of 2 weeks. The dealership told me last trip its because the vehicle sits most of the time. If anyone has any ifo I can print off and take to them I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of where the various adjusters and sensors are to make the adjustments?

I have a 2004 GMC Envoy with an uneven ride height. There are great instructions here on how to complete the tasks, but not sure where the adjusters and sensors are.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
H

1 - 17 of 17 Posts