Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should I be concerned that I took apart the drivers side kick plate and upon removing it there is that black horizontal plastic (dont know what is is called) piece. Well to the very left of the piece there is a harness that I noyiced that was taped up but not connected. Would anyone out here know what that is for. Sorry I do not have my camera.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
i know what ur talking bout.. its like that on mine also.. there are a few plugs that are taped up and not used... that is a plug for something else.. cant remeber what it was for.. but its something that is not used in our particular trucks... so no worries..

maybe someone else can remeber what its for..

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you don't have heated seats or power seats, that is probably what the harness is for. If you DO have those things, then never mind . I don't know.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's for the trailer brake controller if it's four cut-off wires taped up in a loop with NO connector on the end.

If it's 8-10 wires going into a black plastic connector in the same vicinity, all in one row, that's one of the two data bus splice blocks, designed in so that modules that are jamming the data bus can be disconnected for efficient troubleshooting. The other splice block is under the rear seat, passenger side, hidden under a carpet flap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.