Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,357 Posts
Not bad at all really... how much light are they actually providing??
Doesn't look like much based on the last pic... :undecided

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are very bright. Smd is new new brighter version of led. They use chips instead of led. You can see these a mile away.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to busy is better than not busy at all......i appreciate the constructive criticism

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
I think one or the other would look better. Either have the halos, and not the "audi strip" or the "audi strip" and not the halos. But it looks great, and if you like it, keep it the way it is :thumbsup: The halos might look better if they were CFM tube. I dont know if the SMD's look right.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Hmm, I would hold off on the "Ultimate" tag, until you retrofit some LS430 projectors into them. :yes: :D

If it was my mod, I would at least make sure the strip and the halos had the same color temperature, but I'm a lil OCD with things matching. :hopeless

Overall though, good work. As long as you got it the way you want it to look, that's what matters most. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
SMDs and LEDs don't like heat. My only concern would be that being so close to the low/high beam bulbs might shorten the life of the SMDs. :m2:

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
Hmm, I would hold off on the "Ultimate" tag, until you retrofit some LS430 projectors into them. :yes: :D

If it was my mod, I would at least make sure the strip and the halos had the same color temperature, but I'm a lil OCD with things matching. :hopeless

Overall though, good work. As long as you got it the way you want it to look, that's what matters most. :thumbsup:
:iagree: I was actually going to say that too lol

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ok, maybe not the ultimate mod. but alot better than any of your guys headlights........ :laugh:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yeah those look good. could have added a extra pair of strips though....

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Nah, that was the look that I wanted. Turned lots of heads and got plenty of compliments, but over time, some of the LEDs would go out. Not sure if it was the soldering job on the strips, the heat from the headlights, or what caused it. Plus, I've noticed a lot more rides around town are starting to do similar stuff, so I took mine off. Time to find something new and unique :yes:

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
Nah, that was the look that I wanted. Turned lots of heads and got plenty of compliments, but over time, some of the LEDs would go out. Not sure if it was the soldering job on the strips, the heat from the headlights, or what caused it. Plus, I've noticed a lot more rides around town are starting to do similar stuff, so I took mine off. Time to find something new and unique :yes:
You can go for an "audi" look and add a strip at he bottom of it orr you can try to add just a strip down the side (by grill) of the headlight. Kind of like what the yukon has for there aftermarket headlights.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
211 Posts
Great work on it but like they said the smd leds wont last as long with the heat around them.

but on the better side of things leds last a very long time.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
ok, maybe not the ultimate mod. but alot better than any of your guys headlights........ :laugh:
I can appreciate the effort, time, and work that went into this. With that said, i'd take my stock headlights over that configuration any day of the week. WAYYYY too much **** going on in my opinion. I prefer a clean and tasteful look though, so it may just be me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts