Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and found nothing. i was wondering if there is any way to get rid of the factory not powered antenna. i find this to be ugly as sin and would like to be rid of it. does anyone know if it can be relocated or a smaller on put in its place. i have hd radio but don't want a relocated antenna or smaller one to give me bad reception. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
i got a replacement at autozone for about 12 bucks. great reception, perfect fit, and much better looking. not sure how much shorter it is, but its quite a bit shorter. take a look at your auto parts store before dropping too much money on an unnecessarily expensive replacement.

this is the best pic i have that you can see it clearly:

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
125 Posts
yep :iagree: i did this a few months ago and get the same reception, just looks much cleaner. i don't even listen to the radio much but if i want i can and now dont have to look at that dang antenna.
Does it leave a hole you need to worry about sealing? Sounds like a real good idea, I'm going to check it out.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,749 Posts
I don't think a stubby antenna will kill reception quality. A buddy of mine the billet one & it makes no difference with reception, only cool looks. maybe even color match would be a good idea:cool:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
267 Posts
I removed mine since I normally use a CD or an FM transmitter for Sirius or iPod, and for the FM transmitter I want as little interference as possible, so removing the antenna helps.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Does it leave a hole you need to worry about sealing? Sounds like a real good idea, I'm going to check it out.
I didn't seal anything, it does leave a hole in the rubber that would go around the base of the antenna but it shouldn't matter. looks like water gets in there no matter what.

is there a how-to or pics of it???:undecided
check out my cardomain page in my sig... i believe its on page 4 maybe end of three. just a few pics of how it lays. i do think i made a thread too but not sure..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I didn't seal anything, it does leave a hole in the rubber that would go around the base of the antenna but it shouldn't matter. looks like water gets in there no matter what.

check out my cardomain page in my sig... i believe its on page 4 maybe end of three. just a few pics of how it lays. i do think i made a thread too but not sure..
Just saw your pics on Cardomain, that looks great. I'll be loosing mine this weekend!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah, i'm totally gonna do the hide the antenna under the cowl trick tomorrow..that looks sweet!

..and best of all..its free!
And radio still plays fine I was worried at first but it's good. I am really happy because with the onstar, XM Radio and the FM antena I looked like I was tracking subs! One less is good.

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
350 Posts
so I made the attempt to do this today...lets just say...FAIL
I do listen to the radio a bit, and there's this one station that I happen to like listening to in the morning for their radio show...i had that on while I was stuffing the antenna under the cowl, and no matter what I did I'd get this super annoying high pitched squeal, only going away if i touched the threads of the antenna "block" out of 6 pre set stations, only one came in crystal clear..the one that I listen to the least

either looks like i have to get an fm modulator, start listening to cds more, or just get a sirius/xm satellite radio

I sure as hell wish it did work like it did for you guys, it was looking really good.

·
Registered
125 Posts
so I made the attempt to do this today...lets just say...FAIL
I do listen to the radio a bit, and there's this one station that I happen to like listening to in the morning for their radio show...i had that on while I was stuffing the antenna under the cowl, and no matter what I did I'd get this super annoying high pitched squeal, only going away if i touched the threads of the antenna "block" out of 6 pre set stations, only one came in crystal clear..the one that I listen to the least

either looks like i have to get an fm modulator, start listening to cds more, or just get a sirius/xm satellite radio

I sure as hell wish it did work like it did for you guys, it was looking really good.
Hmmm, are you sure the antenna is on all the way? I don't see any threads on mine.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
108 Posts
Great idea. Im going to do this today. I dont listen to the radio much. Ipod hook-up is all I listen to. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts