Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
The Oil Skid Plate came from BartonMD, a TrailVoy vendor. Send him a PM. The shipping to Abu Dhabi was US$64.

I did the design of the radiator skid plate (with input from James Downing). The plate was fabricated locally by a large fabrication shop. However, it was a personal favor by a friend. They don't normally do one-off fabrication. You could probably have it made by Icon 4x4 or any of the other mod shops.

By the way, responsible offroaders don't actually call them bash plates. The object isn't to deliberately smash your vehicle. Skids plates protect your vital components during those situations when you can't avoid or go around obstacles hindering your progress.
Hi EwingJK,

Sorry for the late reply. Been very busy.

Thanks again for the referrals and the learnings. I will try to get in touch with them. Regarding the "Bashplates" terminology, I just heard some guys in one of the shops in Al Quoz calling them Bashplates.

For my set-up, I will try to get all my orders ready from MarkMC for my lifters and spacers within the week and find the right shop who can modify my rear air suspension when we try installing the lifts. Tried searching for the right solution here in Trailvoy but as far as I can see, replacement with the Z71 springs and shocks is the remedy which is a very expensive alternative here in our Region.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Okay. Show of hands (sort of). Who is interested in getting together for a few hours. I suggest the beach parking lot at JBR. Time and date is open to discussion. Keep in mind that the temperature is warming up. Midday can be somewhat uncomfortable outside. However, there are plenty of coffee shops and restaurants on the JBR Walk. Also, Fridays and Saturdays can get pretty crowded with beach-goers. Late-morning parking can get hectic. Weekdays the place is practically empty.

So, if you're interested, add your name to the list. Tell us the day of the week and time of day (e.g., morning, late afternoon, early evening, etc.) that works for you and any suggestions you might have about a meeting location.

1 - EwingJK - Any Time - Any Day
2 - leanoypi - after 5pm - Sunday to Thurs or anytime Sat (needs 1 week advance notice...my wife will kill me...hehehe)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
hey

hey ahmad from sharjah here glad to meet some people with a t.b. maybe id get to fix my t.b lately its been a money hog starting to hate the car...but cant change it got allot of memories in that car

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ltz
17 Posts
Hello Ewing,
Glad to hear from you and know that you fine and recovering well .. it is a weired surgery but it is a must when necessary .. just take care of your health.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ltz
31 Posts
coffe

hi my friend giveme a call or send me a messege, now with the summer hollidays i´m a .....ok lets say i´m at homme with the kid:):thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
15 Posts
Abdul from AlAin, nationality: lebanese, 26 yrs old.

driving tb 2002 LT, indigo blue 5 seater. I6 4.2L

hope to know u more :):grouphug:

·
Registered
31 Posts
welcome Abdul:thumbsup:
we have to get:thumbsup: together for a coffe or so :coffee and talk a bit about the trailblazzzzzerrrr´ss:woohoo:

·
Registered
31 Posts
coffe

:woot:
ok lets go for a :coffeeand:grouphug:
jebel ali club? It´s close to IBN Batuta mall
saturday after 18.00hm(6.00pm):thumbsup:
just confirm nice place no problem parking etc...

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
28 Posts
i dont know if this thread is still active; i am an expat living in abu dhabi, have had my Envoy since 2006, however the rear air ride suspension has gone bad on me, which led me to trailvoy.
my Envoy is under a new build now, ordered LiftMeister 3" front and rear shocks from Mark (the shocks Mark being the wonderful guy he is, helped me in purchasing and shipping)
i am a member of ad4x4 where they have a 4 wheeling trip every week, we should have something for trailvoys going on here.

hope to hear from the uae trailvoy enthusiasts soon.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts