Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AIRAID is proud to announce the release of their newest Cold Air Intake specifically designed with the “Hands-On” enthusiast in mind.

U-Build-It (UBI) is the Newest kit from AIRAID Filter Company that comes complete with everything you need to create a Custom Intake System. Manufactured for the “fabricator” in you, this kit allows you to design a One-Of-A-Kind system for your vehicle.

UBI Master Kit is available in 3", 3.5", 4" and Includes : Tubing, Couplers, Clamps, Hardware, & Airaid Premium Filter

(UBI) U-Build-It Tube Only Available in 3", 3.5", 4"

Please Take a Look Here for all the possible UBI Combinations : http://www.airaid.com/images/whatsnew/ubi_flyer_information.pdf

Any other questions, please feel free and let me know.

Thanks,
David

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very interesting kit. :undecided Refresh my memory, it the filter wet or dry?
Hello Envoy Fan,

All of our AIRAID Premium Filters are Oiled.

Our Airaid filter utilizes a 5th synthetic layer that will not allow any of the oil to pass throught the filter, so no worries about the filter oil getting in touch with any of your sensors.

Thanks,
David

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Hello Envoy Fan,

All of our AIRAID Premium Filters are Oiled.

Our Airaid filter utilizes a 5th synthetic layer that will not allow any of the oil to pass throught the filter, so no worries about the filter oil getting in touch with any of your sensors.

Thanks,
David
I wish I would have known that before I put the K&N in with my Vector CAI... I've had some weird symptoms after some of my filter cleanings, and I suspect the problem is the oil coating the sensors :duh:

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I would have known that before I put the K&N in with my Vector CAI... I've had some weird symptoms after some of my filter cleanings, and I suspect the problem is the oil coating the sensors :duh:
Hello Jman423,

PM Sent.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
:iagree:

And none of the on-line retailers have this new item listed for sale yet; where do we get it and how much does it cost?

Any plans for a 06-09 kit for all of the I6 owners out here?

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to offer a cold air dam to replace the top of the air box? :excited:
Hello WOOLUF1952,

I have not heard of offering any type of cold air dam for the UBI system.

If I do hear anything, I will be more than happy to let you know.

Thanks,
David

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Is the tube one piece and the person would cut it where need be to fit the vehicle, or is it a bunch of straight and angled pieces that you piece together with multiple couplings and clamps (kinda like a plumbing system)?

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the tube one piece and the person would cut it where need be to fit the vehicle, or is it a bunch of straight and angled pieces that you piece together with multiple couplings and clamps (kinda like a plumbing system)?
Hello MajesticLT03,

The tubing comes in one large peice like you see above in the picture, and then depending on the particular application, you can trim the tubing to what would work best for you.

Any other questions, please feel free and let me know.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
it only comes with the 3 couplings correct?? So really, a person can even buy additional straight and angled rubber couplings to make the ultimate intake.. correct?

this type of thing could have won a SEMA design award :thumbsup:

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it only comes with the 3 couplings correct?? So really, a person can even buy additional straight and angled rubber couplings to make the ultimate intake.. correct?

this type of thing could have won a SEMA design award :thumbsup:
Hello MajesticLT03,

In the near future, we will be offering even more optional items for the UBI ( I don't have a time frame yet, but will announce when everything else is available.)

In the meantime, if you needed additional couplers, we can fix you up with what you need.

We actually did debut the UBI at this years SEMA show.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Thats kinda cool......so pretty much with the guys who already have an short ram intake you can upgrade it to the full cold air intake by cutting the proper tubing to reach the bottom of the vehicle.........interesting.....:undecided

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Thats kinda cool......so pretty much with the guys who already have an short ram intake you can upgrade it to the full cold air intake by cutting the proper tubing to reach the bottom of the vehicle.........interesting.....:undecided

unless you replace the windshield washer tank with one from a Colorado and possibly modify the fluid lines it wont go down behind the bumper...

·
AIRAID Premium Filters
2004 chevy other
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where does the sensor go? and how about the ~1" vaccum line? Is this something we have to fabricate
Hello bolacha,

The UBI is offered as a custom universal system. It's a do it yourself system.

If you are looking for a system that is specifically designed and calibrated for the 2002-2005 4.2L, We offer a Airaid Intake Part # 200-126-1.

Thanks,
David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts