Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got my TB back from the body shop, got some hail dents removed, and while i was there i as for a rough estimate on two toning the TB. his answer about 1200 to 1500 not bad i thought, but i never really priced it so i wouldn't know other wise. Anyways he said it would be cheaper to ad the two tone to the bottom instead of top. No big deal that's cool with me i guess. My question to you all if i do what color and where to to put the break line and start the second color. Remember the second color is going down.

[/IMG]

here is a pic its silverstone metallic right now

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
theres a cost difference between doin the top or bottom???

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres a cost difference between doin the top or bottom???
yea he said that going up cost more because of the windows, the roof, and hood.

i was thinking the two tone start at the body line about 4" below the window or right below the windows. with a third color pin stripe braking the two colors just dont know what color to use for the pin stripe or second "bottom color".

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
I was thinking of two-toning mine also. I probably would rather paint the top half though. Right where the bottom window lines are, and carry it through to the top edge of the fenders, and of course hood and roof. Black it out (top half) would be my opinion and tint the front side windows.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that was my original idea but i might just do the bottom. i was thinking of like a wine red at the bottom with a black pin stripe. but wanted to hear other ideas from the masses.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
That sounds too cheap to me?? He is going to paint in the door jambs too right? Thats a lot of prep work and will require a lot of shop hours. And is he going to put it all under clear so you can't "feal" the line between the paint? That requires him to re-clear the doors and rear panels. Not saying it can't be done for that cost just that I wouldn't want you to get a half done job and be worse off in the end. Just make sure if you do it you go over exactly what he is going to do and not do and have it wrote down and signed:m2:

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
That sounds too cheap to me?? He is going to paint in the door jambs too right? Thats a lot of prep work and will require a lot of shop hours. And is he going to put it all under clear so you can't "feal" the line between the paint? That requires him to re-clear the doors and rear panels. Not saying it can't be done for that cost just that I wouldn't want you to get a half done job and be worse off in the end. Just make sure if you do it you go over exactly what he is going to do and not do and have it wrote down and signed:m2:
to cheap??? what are you talking about,,i can get my whole truck painted at maco for 500.00..:crackup::crackup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts