Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I bought this DupliColor fabric and vinyl spray paint from Summit Racing ($7.95 a can). I decided my seats were boring and I wanted to two tone them. My cousin has a TB that has the two tone leather and a Charcoal Wood Grain dash. I am going for the same look because I thought it looked great! :woot:

Anyway I though it looked good when I was done (so did my Mom and youngest sister), but my brother and other sister don't :worried:. I wanted to get everyone's honest opinion before I do the other seats! Be honest I can take it! lol

For some reason I can't upload the pictures so here they are on photobucket:

·
Registered
gmc
3,112 Posts
Ok, So I bought this DupliColor fabric and vinyl spray paint from Summit Racing ($7.95 a can). I decided my seats were boring and I wanted to two tone them. My cousin has a TB that has the two tone leather and a Charcoal Wood Grain dash. I am going for the same look because I thought it looked great! :woot:

Anyway I though it looked good when I was done (so did my Mom and youngest sister), but my brother and other sister don't :worried:. I wanted to get everyone's honest opinion before I do the other seats! Be honest I can take it! lol

For some reason I can't upload the pictures so here they are on photobucket:

i think it looks pretty good:thumbsup: nice mod

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
303 Posts
It looks a whole lot better than I thought it would when I first started reading. I personally would have done the reverse, but that might not flow well with the interior. Good job though, and let us know how it holds up. I'd be afraid of having a black butt after a long drive.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I would have got seat covers in the color that you wanted..

I am not to sure on painting fabric :undecided wouldnt want a black mark on my ass

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks a whole lot better than I thought it would when I first started reading. I personally would have done the reverse, but that might not flow well with the interior. Good job though, and let us know how it holds up. I'd be afraid of having a black butt after a long drive.
I would have got seat covers in the color that you wanted..

I am not to sure on painting fabric :undecided wouldnt want a black mark on my ass
I tested it. It won't rub off (lucky for me:)), it made for painting fabric and vinyl.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
ive seen the duplicolor fabric before and ive always wandered how it would hold up:undecided:undecided,,my truck is blue and would love to color match my seat inserts.....:yes:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Looks good, but whats the texture like? Does it feel like paint over fabric or is it more like a dye and the fabric feels the same as before?

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,353 Posts
I like it alot! But I wouldn't want to sit on them if the a/c wasn't running! lol! Sure it doesn't bleed?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good, but whats the texture like? Does it feel like paint over fabric or is it more like a dye and the fabric feels the same as before?
I like it alot! But I wouldn't want to sit on them if the a/c wasn't running! lol! Sure it doesn't bleed?

At first the paint was a bit stiff, but I let it dry for a couple more hours and then rubbed it down with a moist cloth. Then I rubbed it down with a lint roller (to get all the fuzz from the cloth). After doing that it started to feel like cloth again (still a bit rough but not bad at all, should go back to normal after a week or so of use).

As for bleeding, the cloth I used was white and I didn't get much color transfer at all. It should be fine on clothing.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
a friend of mine years ago, did this to an Eclipse he had. it was only temporary until his custom stuff was being done. he had no issues with it transfering onto clothes but he only used the seats for 4 months.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
The product he used isn't "paint" but rather, fabric dye. If done properly, it shouldn't rub off, but I'd want to do it according to label directions and also let it dry properly before using.

For the best looking alternative I've ever seen, check out Wet Okole seat covers. They are the real deal, and look like factory! Pricey, but these are not standard fare seat covers -- these look like they are sewn in.

I just did a job on my boss' F350. He has a buckskin colored interior, and after a few years of work, it looked rough. Like new again with the covers. I'm amazed at their fit and finish. Also, washable.

Available in a ton of custom colors, stitchings, etc.

http://www.wetokole.com/

http://www.wetokole.com/CHEVYTBEF.html
http://www.wetokole.com/CHEVYTBER.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts