Building the manifold, going to be at least
Another year until it's used but here is a pic of the
Mock up.

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Sexy
Are you already a member of vortec4200.com? There's a similar project going on over there...also in alaska.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
in for the results. want to send your manifold to china and make replicas? Cheap glorious replicas for $27 that we can sell for $860 like everyone else does.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Damn

Here I thought I would be one of the first with this idea. I am in El Paso, and right now the only thing stopping me is the fact there is no custom manifold or headers here let alone sport individual coil packs. How did you get around this? plus are you going to use an oversize fuel pump?

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Here I thought I would be one of the first with this idea. I am in El Paso, and right now the only thing stopping me is the fact there is no custom manifold or headers here let alone sport individual coil packs. How did you get around this? plus are you going to use an oversize fuel pump?
Que?

And build your own manifold. Problem solved, thank me later.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Has anybody tried the GF Performance Chip? GForce website GFchip.com its on sale for $69. Would like a real opinion and not their possible self generate statements.

·
Registered
chevy
30 Posts
Crazier things have happened in Alaska!!

With a cooler climate, are you thinking of running it with NO inercooler?? It would probably work ok with low boost and 93 octane. It would get you up and running a lot quicker. Once running/driving you could plan and fabricate a front mount intercooler or a smaller water/air intercooler tucked away somewhere.

Getting a Limequat tuned pcm will eliminate any tuning nightmares/downtime also. A walbro 340 fuel pump and Siemens 80lb injectors will feed 600hp give or take. Goodluck! Removing the engine is the hardest part and you already did that!

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Crazier things have happened in Alaska!!

With a cooler climate, are you thinking of running it with NO inercooler?? It would probably work ok with low boost and 93 octane. It would get you up and running a lot quicker. Once running/driving you could plan and fabricate a front mount intercooler or a smaller water/air intercooler tucked away somewhere.

Getting a Limequat tuned pcm will eliminate any tuning nightmares/downtime also. A walbro 340 fuel pump and Siemens 80lb injectors will feed 600hp give or take. Goodluck! Removing the engine is the hardest part and you already did that!
Thanks for the plug :)
You oughtta start mass producing your up-pipe. Make it real easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts