Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys running, what size, and where are you guys getting power from?
Thanks.

Pics would make this thread worth it by the way.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
Walmart has some Dual TS10 1" Soft Dome tweeters for about $25.

For $25, I was surprised that they had 12db per octave crossovers.

I bought them and was really surprised with the sound. That is what I have in mine.

I usually hook all my car audio speakers to my home audio system for testing, and if it sounds good with it then it will sound good in my car.

And no I didn't hook up the power so they will turn on blue.:bonk:
http://www.dualav.com/mobileaudio/ts.php
http://www.dualav.com/support/manuals/ts10.pdf

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
36 Posts
as a former car audio installer if i were you i wouldnt even waste my time replacing those tweeters.. put some in the door.. i have rockford power components in all four doors and installed the tweeters in each door.. sounds much better. tweeters on the dash are not installed, you barely hear any sound from them anyways

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Unless there is something I don't know. No, I don't think so. They are actually hooked up to an amp which is 4ohm stable.
well most tweeters are 8 ohms, cause 8 ohm tweeters + 8 ohm midrange = a 4 ohm load. or your running 2x 4 ohm speakers and getting a 2 ohm load similar to infinity kappas.

you type like you just added the tweeter to the amp, so no crossovers, so it sounds like your running active. so unless your running active, something is wrong.

also, what are you doing on here, you got a box to build. do work son!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
well most tweeters are 8 ohms, cause 8 ohm tweeters + 8 ohm midrange = a 4 ohm load. or your running 2x 4 ohm speakers and getting a 2 ohm load similar to infinity kappas.

you type like you just added the tweeter to the amp, so no crossovers, so it sounds like your running active. so unless your running active, something is wrong.

also, what are you doing on here, you got a box to build. do work son!
You are correct. There is no crossover. They are wired to the 6.5 in the door. We are not sure what the speaker was as it was already there and there is no sticker on them. So spec wise I have no clue. They are aftermarket 2ways though.

The system as a whole sounds awesome.

2 walmart tweeters
4 mystery 6.5" in the doors
2 12" solobarics
1 Blitz 4ch 1000W amp
1 Forgot Name 2ch 2000W amp

I would work on the box but we only have 20 bucks in the checking acct. lol Need a couple paychecks first.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
well most tweeters are 8 ohms, cause 8 ohm tweeters + 8 ohm midrange = a 4 ohm load.
That's not totally true, if you have a passive crossover on your speakers.

Don't ask me the physics behind this (cause I don't know),
but you can wire as many of the same resistence speakers in parallel as long as you have a passive crossover on them.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
Oh and for mounting the tweeters, we just used the cardboard that was already in place to cover the hole. Just cut out the need size, installed tweeter, screwed cardboard back in. It was the thick cardboard, not like a construction paper. And they are quite noticeable as far as sound goes too.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
36 Posts
get some rockford fosgate power components and put one of the tweeters in the doors.. blows away what the dash tweets could sound like.. ive tested both places.. of course its all personal preference considering ive never bought any audio equipment from walmart.. just grocerys!!:D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
get some rockford fosgate power components and put one of the tweeters in the doors.. blows away what the dash tweets could sound like.. ive tested both places.. of course its all personal preference considering ive never bought any audio equipment from walmart.. just grocerys!!:D
in door as in the stock location?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.