Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hello to all it has been a long time since i have wrote but my tb has been doing great the winter has come and my beast has concored every thing i have thrown or drove into. but there is a small problem i have notice when i turn my wheels right or left they start to chater, almost like some thing is blocking it from turning. i have checked for snow build up and i have looked underneath for any thing broken but i could not see anything.

i have done lots in the snow pushed my way threw 2ft of snow in people's untouched back lanes i have passed many hondas that just could not do it. also passed many other suvs that were just not tough enought to make it up that hilll hahaha
i have also found out that mudd tires suck on ice. by nearly hitting a light post. but now for this steering am not sure it might be just the snow and the tires sliping but it feels slopy and the fluid is top up and every thing looks good plz help :thx

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
If you're in 4WD, this is normal, and is a trait of EVERY 4WD (meaning 100% locked transfer case) vehicle.

Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya only in 4wd but would that cause slopy steering. it feels like it's lose like it feels to easy to turn. and today after leaving my house i was pulling out of the drive way my rear wheels started to hop like it was being pulled back and sliping. now it is cold and maybe some ice but it just did feel right i am going to take a better look tomorrow. to see if any thing is broken, bent or lose.

:thx for ur help

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
ya only in 4wd but would that cause slopy steering. it feels like it's lose like it feels to easy to turn. and today after leaving my house i was pulling out of the drive way my rear wheels started to hop like it was being pulled back and sliping. now it is cold and maybe some ice but it just did feel right i am going to take a better look tomorrow. to see if any thing is broken, bent or lose.

:thx for ur help
If something is broken, bent, or loose, it would feel "normal" like you were driving in 2WD... What you're experiencing is normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Genious,Pure Genious!!!

Thank you so very much, I was getting worried that I was going to have to replace something that I didn't have the money for right now. I am in the middle of completely redoing my kitchen and don't have much funds, but luckily after reading this I went out and checked my 4wd selector and realized I was still in 4wd from a couple of days ago. Anyway that fixed the problem and now when I turn it from complete side to side it works fine instead if wobbling and almost dying when in 4wd. Thank you again.!!!
:D:tiphat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts