Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Turn Signal Problems

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  chem_man 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2003 Trailblazer LS. After the 3rd time I drove it the passenger side turnsignal started flashing very fast and the front signals quit flashing. So I changed the bulbs and nothing happend. It still flasshes very fast and no front signals. occasioally they will work properly and will flash. Until I turn the TB off and start it again then the same thing. Can any one tell me what maybe wrong? I alraedy checked the ground at the right front turn signal and it is grounded. and when I check the voltage to the signals there seems to be just a very small amout of voltage coming thru but not enought to light the bulbs. ''HELP''

#4 ·
Sounds like you might have an intermittent open in the right front turn signal circuit.

Is the right turn signal indicator on the cluster still flashing? It gets its power from the same rear fuse block output that supplies the front turn signal bulbs. If it's not flashing, check for voltage at pin D4 (two DK BLUE wires) of the 68-way black connector into the rear fuse block.

Next check is where the DK BLUE right front turn signal circuit enters the underhood fuse block, at pin B1 of the 68-way black connector.

The circuit then passes through the underhood fuse block, and exits at pin C6 of the 32-way gray connector (two DK BLUE wires).

From there, it's direct to the right front turn signal and marker lamps...

#8 ·
Sounds like you might have an intermittent open in the right front turn signal circuit.

Is the right turn signal indicator on the cluster still flashing?Yes the light in the istrument panel is flashing but flashing very fast. It gets its power from the same rear fuse block output that supplies the front turn signal bulbs. If it's not flashing, check for voltage at pin D4 (two DK BLUE wires) of the 68-way black connector into the rear fuse block.

Next check is where the DK BLUE right front turn signal circuit enters the underhood fuse block, at pin B1 of the 68-way black connector.I will check this later today when I get home.

The circuit then passes through the underhood fuse block, and exits at pin C6 of the 32-way gray connector (two DK BLUE wires).
Thank You for this information.

From there, it's direct to the right front turn signal and marker lamps...
Thanks for your help I will be working on it tonight and will post tomarow if I find the problem and let you know.

#5 ·
Is it still under warranty? I'm sure they gave you some kind of warranty after purchase 3k/3 month? even if you didn't buy an extended. Even if its a quick fix I would take it in if you still got some warranty left.

#11 ·
sorry to steal thread; but exactly same symptoms on mine (different from several various posts out here).
my both rear turn bulbs are fine, but when turn signals are on, they just gloom- and cause hazard speed flashing on all other turn signals.
has anybody found any solution to this; or is it just go thru all fuseboxes and measure wiring thru the vehicle???

and i have been driving my TB for over 20k miles- and it has altogether way over 130k miles on odo. - no major repairs done, just TLC maintenance... reason for writing is temps, its 20F - cold as Finland(=Alaska) winter...no temptation jump around car out there.

#12 ·
Please start a new thread rather than attempting to resurrect an almost 14 year old thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.