Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my standard pre-trip inspection I discovered that my trailer signal lights weren't working properly. Left turn works but right turn flashes both right and left signals. Brakes and running lights work properly. I took the test light to the trailer plug at the back of the truck and the problem exists there so it's not a fault in the trailer.

I suspected a fuse problem and checked the under seat and under hood fuses. Fuses were good. But I noticed later that my right turn signal without the trailer now occasionally flashes right and left on the truck, without the trailer.

For the life of me I can't figure out where to look next. Any ideas from the gurus out there? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Here is what you need to consider, the truck has separate brake and sig lights. The trailer use the same bulb. How does the trailer plug convert 2 wires into one? :undecided

Answer, the flasher does it.

You might have a problem with the flasher.

But, try the simple first. Check the back side of the trailer plug, maybe you have dirt/etc that's shorting the connectors.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By backside of the trailer plug do you mean under the flap where the pins are? If not, how do you access the back? Does it just unplug?

Flasher? Could be. I know in my last van I had to buy an adaptor that combined the 2 bulbs on the van into 1 bulb for the trailer. Hadn't thought of that. Could that cause problems even with the trailer unplugged?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts