Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've posted on here.. I figured I'd give you guys a good update.. We're almost done with the project.. just waiting on my MSD DIS-4 ignition system, and Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump. We're also going to try a JET Performance 4L60E controller. Basically, the DIS-4 will allow us to retard the ignition timing, so that we don't have any detonation problems under boost. We will be converting to a "wasted spark" ignition system. Basically, team up the cylinders that move up/down together to TDC, and use a single signal to fire those together. Basically, you could use 3 coils to run the engine, but, since the 4.2 has it's own coils.. you just pair the wires up together into 1, and put it to the DIS-4. So, cylinders will be teamed as such.. (1/4)(2,5)(3,6). So, basically, the teamed up cylinders will fire at EVERY revollution.. while cylinder number 1 is on it's power-stroke.. and number 4 is on it's exhaust stroke, number 1 will fire it's plug to ignite the mixture.. but 4 will fire too.. but not fire anything. Doesn't hurt anything... just simplifies the ignition.. this is how most standalone's run..

The boost-a-pump will allow me to use the stock pump, and make plenty of power.. This increase the voltage to the pump when in boost.. making it put out more volume. Works great.. and keeps me from having to drop the tank. :)

The trans controller plugs into any 4L60E trans harness, and allows you to modify the shift points at the push of a button.. It also comes with a shift kit. I can't wait to try this out..

Here's a few pics..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Almost finished.. I have to wire up the 2 bar MAP sensor, and finish welding up the tacked pieces.

Travis

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
cant wait to see the video (you will have a video, right) of this thing running Its cool to see someone go foward with a project like this and i'm sure that it will sick when it's all done!!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, we will have plenty of video.. ;) Here's a crazy, 1-off 8600rpm Sentra engine that we dyno tuned yesterday..

http://www.fi-r.net/images2/500whpSQRDyno.wmv

500whp @ 19.5psi of boost.. We're shooting for 600whp on C16 and around 28-29psi. This is a custom, destroked engine, that is capable of revving to around 10K, once we get a stiffer valvespring setup.

Travs

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Trav4011 said:
Yes, we will have plenty of video.. ;) Here's a crazy, 1-off 8600rpm Sentra engine that we dyno tuned yesterday..

http://www.fi-r.net/images2/500whpSQRDyno.wmv

500whp @ 19.5psi of boost.. We're shooting for 600whp on C16 and around 28-29psi. This is a custom, destroked engine, that is capable of revving to around 10K, once we get a stiffer valvespring setup.

Travs
ya you'll suprise alot of people with that car oooooooooweeeeeee that looks like fun

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
trav is now called the pioneer of turbo trailblazers!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
:iagree: :iagree: That's gonna be one ffffaaaaaassssssttttttt :hail: Trailblazer SE:hail:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
Trav4011 said:
is there where the intake manifold lays?? Would it be beneficial at all to create some custom ones or better yet do you think that by changing the the factory one to an "aftermarket" would be worth the benifit??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually.. the stock piece is a pretty nice design.. even though it's plastic.. :)

It might benefit from a short runner-bigger plenum setup, but only if you were going crazy.. and trying to make 1000hp or something. Looking at the cylinder head layout.. this engine will EASILY support that kind of power, too.. Matter of fact.. I'm thinking about swapping one into my 240sx, with forged internals, a 6spd trans from a 350Z, and a big turbo.

Travis

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
If you ever need a Tb for experimenting, you know where to find me :raspberry

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Im with the rest, WOW!!!:eek: :thumbsup:

And, good to hear that these things are really as good as they are said to be (GM testing on the dyno to 300K+) for stock applications and even better for turbo guys!:yes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We'll see just what she'll hold.. I think 400whp will be the limit for the stock trans, with firm shifts/shift kit.

Travis

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,293 Posts
So you're just doing without washer fluid? or did you mount a tank somewhere else??

This is going to be sick, I'm real proud of you

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going to put a smaller tank in.. relocated.. I haven't figured out exactly where just yet.. Once I get everything installed, I'll see where I can fit it.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts