Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's a quick update on the progress.... we got the cat off and a straight pipe welded in there and replaced the muffler with a straight through design one.... got the ls1 fans in and operating flawlessly:) auto meter boost gauge is mounted in the dash... ok now the news a few of you have been waiting on..... not sure if anyone has got around it or yet...but we have been making our pulls on the dyno up to 6500 rpm.... the limiter is definitely not hard coded in the pcm... also... we installed the two bar map sensor....and spent a lot of time on tuning...we have it idling good with the two bar sensor in and the transition to off idle is smooth...we are working on getting it to run through the rpm range smoothly...its a fueling issue after around 3,000... we have a few more tables to mess with though... we almost think the p10 is not a true alpha-n.... we're going to head back out to the shop in a few and make some more pulls on the dyno and see what we can do with the two bar sensor in it... the turbo's not on it yet and we are running out of time as i have to be somewhere tomorrow...so that'll be another weekend... along with the injector swap... we need to figure out the threads of the oil pressure sensor...seems they are some weird metric thread and we could find a t-fitting to get my oil feed.... anyone know what thread it is? well i'll probably make a post later tonight or tomorrow about the results of the extra two bar testing...

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
You're right that it's not Alpha-N. I think it's torque-based - meaning that throttle (pedal) angle is read as desired torque and it tries to match actual torque to that. Hopefully your tuning works out, good luck.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got it running with the two bar! It 100 percent for sure is not Alpha-N. there were changes required in the load tables to compensate for the change in the map reading. The turbo isn't on there yet as we wanted to make sure it could be tuned with the gm pcm first. With the cat gone and the factory muffler replaced with a straight through muffler the stock injectors are almost maxed out running 93% duty cycle. Next time we get working on it the 42lb multec 2's are going in and hopefully we'll get to see some boost. i have some pictures and a short clip of it running on the dyno just to show it running with the two bar sensor but i'll need help uploading...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts