Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know typically we will need to reduce the spark advance and set the AFR to around 12:1 AFR at WOT... But what other parameters come into play??

My friend is looking to get his head ported and polished and milled to get a bit more compression.. So VE tables will be well off.. I will be tuning the car with an LM1 WB and we have a 2 kilometer straight road that i'll be tuning on..

Now when it comes to PE, would it be best to keep the car in PE mode the whole time? it's just we don't want any surprises once the nitrous kicks in and then too much fuel which will mean KABOOOM!!

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!

PS. We will be using a ZEX wet kit with a 75shot.. Kit includes window switches, bottle warmer, puge kits, down pipe, all accessories for most boost...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about adding too much fuel. The lack of fuel when running nitrous is what melts the motor.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
33 Posts
Only advice I can add is that you want to make sure you are not running a high spark, spark plug i.e. Bosch Platinum. Also, you may as well throw in a air/fuel gauge to monitor your levels so you know if you are running rich or lean.
I really don't think you will need to do all that much for only a 75 shot.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Hey TrailBlazin', when you get it done please let us know how it goes and what you needed to do. I want to eventually run a 75-100shot (starting with a 50 and working up from there) on my I6 as well, but dont really know whats involved.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback, the spark plugs did slip my mind.. I'll tell my friend to go down the shops and purchase some colder plugs this week...

Here's the complete rundown of pars Scarab if ur interested.. I bought them from nitrous outlet, they told me it's a very straight forward plug and play kit, Im just hoping that we have the skilled mechanics to install this in Kuwait without any problems:

82005: Gauge and manifold-$43.95
82006: Bottle Heater-$119.75
82009: Remote Opener-$224.95
82021: Single 55-75hp wet kit-$579.95
82085: Window Switch-$169.95
82099: Safety blow down kit-$45.00
82170R X 2 items: Led Purge Lights -$59.95
82175: dual vent purge -$109.95
Total: $1,413.40

IF we can get away with a 75 shot and everything seems to be looking fine, we might be pushing it up to a 100shot... My friend has the cash for some forged pistons, but we just can't find any!! it's really pissing me off now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts