Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at getting the pcm for less tuner for my 2004 TB. I heard they do that loaner program but it cost like 100? I can get one from the local yard for 75. I would send mine in so I wouldn't have to do the CASE relearn. What setting should I go with? I plan on doing air intake and res delete and still have stock tires.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you get a PCM from another vehicle, it has to have the VIN from your truck set in it. With the wrong VIN your truck probably won't run. If you check the Marketplace link at the top of the page, you may find some PCM's for sale from TV members.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
With the loaner program...they will send you the loaner and you send back your pcm for tuning.....once it is tuned they will send it back to you and you return the loaner pcm....once they receive it they will refund your money back!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
With the loaner program...they will send you the loaner and you send back your pcm for tuning.....once it is tuned they will send it back to you and you return the loaner pcm....once they receive it they will refund your money back!!
Wow i didnt know they refund your loaner depost? That make the decision a no brainer. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
58 Posts
So I am looking at getting the pcm for less tuner for my 2004 TB. I heard they do that loaner program but it cost like 100? I can get one from the local yard for 75. I would send mine in so I wouldn't have to do the CASE relearn. What setting should I go with? I plan on doing air intake and res delete and still have stock tires.
Get the CAI and res delete now, and THEN do your tune.

If you do it after the tune, you won't feel the improvents until about 50 miles of driving, and you'll probably need a reflash/update.

IMHO, to reap the most benefits from your tune, ALWAYS do your 'hardware' mods before the tune, unless you are doing the tuning yourself, or have unlimited access to a local tuner, gas, and dyno/street tuning time.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
9 Posts
Gee, would'nt it be nice if someone made a tool like the Superchips Flashpaq that I got for my '02 GMC Sierra pick up truck which does everything you need right there in your gargage.... and you own it, instead of taking your car out of service for a week... taking it apart, spending all kinds of money for shipping back and forth. That's ridiculous!!!!!:hissy:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
58 Posts
Gee, would'nt it be nice if someone made a tool like the Superchips Flashpaq that I got for my '02 GMC Sierra pick up truck which does everything you need right there in your gargage.... and you own it, instead of taking your car out of service for a week... taking it apart, spending all kinds of money for shipping back and forth. That's ridiculous!!!!!:hissy:
Or you could buy HP Tuners or EFI Live- takes a bit longer than just plugging in, but much more effective than anything Superchip or mail order tuners have IMHO...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts