Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the site had had a quick question.
I have a 03 trailblazer with 94K on it. In order to eliminate my monthly car payment I sold my 07 Civic and bought the TB cash. Let’s assume that the only maintenance done on the TB so far were scheduled oil changes, what you would recommend I do for a full tune up.

So far I have:
Change oil, spark plugs, clean throttle body, new air filter, run a fuel injector cleaner

Thank for the help

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site. Change the tranny fluid (dex-VI), rad antifreeze (Dex-Cool), rear end oil (I use mobil 1) and that should do ya.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
you can flush the brake fluid.
new shocks. (use the vendor on here- great sale currently buy 3 get 1 free and free shipping)...

As for the dexcool... its rated at 150,000 miles. You can leave it in (if its nice and red and clean)...
But since youre close to hitting 100K... I would leave it alone... and wait for the thermostat to fail (do you know if its been changed).
Being an 03- and close to 100K... the thermostat is likely to fail soon (if it hasnt already). They usually fail in the open position.
But when you replace the thermostat- take that opportunity to change out the dexcool (and maybe the upper and lowe radiator hoses- maybe even the water pump).

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
As for the dexcool... its rated at 150,000 miles. You can leave it in (if its nice and red and clean)...
But since youre close to hitting 100K... I would leave it alone... and wait for the thermostat to fail (do you know if its been changed).
Being an 03- and close to 100K... the thermostat is likely to fail soon (if it hasnt already). They usually fail in the open position.
But when you replace the thermostat- take that opportunity to change out the dexcool (and maybe the upper and lowe radiator hoses- maybe even the water pump).
While I agree with replacing the thermostat, one point I have to disagree with.

Dexcool is rated for 5 years OR 150,000 miles - which ever occurs first. He is obviously past the 5 years - unless it has been changed before.
For the price of a couple of gallons of Dexcool - I'd say it would be very worth while to change it.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
oh yeah.. thats true... 5 yrs or 150K.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Also wouldn't be a bad idea to change the fuel filter.

As for a fuel injector cleaner, many members on here recommend using Tehcron, but i personally recommend using a whole can of seafoam in a full tank of gas. I have noticed dramatic results and swear by this stuff. It's cheaper and more effect in my opinion. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts