Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm running the following in my 03 TB. (No bose)

Pioneer F90BT head unit
Infinity Reference 6022i Coaxials in the front and rear doors
10" Kicker L5
Sony XM-GTR2022 1200w 2Ch amp
I have a rockford 1fd cap that I recently disconnected because it seems useless.

I want to upgrade my door speakers to components so I'm going to need another amp.

I'm not sure whether or not I can get away with just swapping the front speakers for components and leaving the rear coaxial, or just doing all 4 doors. I know I need a 4 channel amp as well, so I need help deciding on one.

As far as my sub, I'm currently bidding on 2 JL Audio 12W6V2's because I don't think the kicker is cutting it anymore.

I'd like to spend around 150-200 for a set of components and be able to get a decent amp for not too much. I need a little help going in the right direction so I don't make a dumb mistake and waste money on crappy speakers and amps again.

I'm not competing for anything, I'm just a little dissapointed with the clarity and fullness of my infinity coaxial's and the lack of response in the higher frequencies from my kicker.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Currently I'm running the following in my 03 TB. (No bose)

Pioneer F90BT head unit
Infinity Reference 6022i Coaxials in the front and rear doors meh.
10" Kicker L5 meh.
Sony XM-GTR2022 1200w 2Ch amp meh.
I have a rockford 1fd cap that I recently disconnected because it seems useless. meh.
any brand loyality? used? authorized or unauthorized seller?

alpine type r or type x comps
i run these, they sound amazaing http://www.audiostream.cc/hertz-component-p-3.html
http://www.woofersetc.com/p6201/CTX65CS--Image-Dynamics-65"-Component-Speaker-System.htm
check out diamond audio or polk

i highly reccomend listening to speakers before you buy them, but the hsk's sound good, imo.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any brand loyality? used? authorized or unauthorized seller?
I've been looking at the polk audio components for $199 at crutchfield....(I'll probably find a way to get them cheaper, new of course, at another place.)

I know all of my current stuff besides the head unit is "meh", which is why I'm trying to get rid of most of it. I'm looking for suggestions on an amp and whether or not the polk components would be a good choice. I'm most likely getting the 12W6V2's i posted, so the kicker should be out of the picture.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
my g/f just ordered me these for my birthday (31st). genius had them shipped to her parents so i cant get at them until then :hissy:
1) go to her parents and find speakers
2) take out speakers and replace with bricks
3) ?????
4) profit

Now I just need a good amp suggestion.
Ive heard lots of good things about the sundown SAX-100.4

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LMAO, i thought you wanted an upgrade?

take a look at this one:
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_22&products_id=46
yeah your right haha I probably shouldn't cheap out on an amp this time around.

I found a good deal on an Alpine MRP-F600 for $225 (it's $300 in a few other places). I'm leaning towards this one because Apline is reputable and I've had good experiences with their products.

This should be perfect for 100w RMS comps because the amp is rated 100w RMS x4 channels at 4ohms, correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts