Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try not to laugh too hard but I want to beef up my Saab 97x to handle some minor off road similar to the rally cars in Europe. I want to lift it a bit, beef up the tires and power up the motor. The some aesthetic stuff too. Does anyone know where I can find lifts from either Chevy or GMC that will fit my Saab 97x? I am looking to get between an inch and 1.5 inch. Then beef the shocks up and finally new rims and some BFG's. I would love any help anyone has.
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
you have come to the right place...

lifts
-smaxx
-bds
-marc mc (on the site)

wheel tire combo
-get spacers or adapters
-for that hight don't go over a 31 inch tire, or you'll have rubbing, if you go higher you can clear more tire without a problem.

shocks
-bilstien hd
-z71 rear shocks and springs

i think it would be bad @$$ to see a lifted saab!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
huge thanks for the quick response. I will take some before pics now and keep everyone posted. I am brand new here and just learning the ropes so thanks again.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Your wheelwell opening may be different from the TB. I know roadie needed to do a good bit of trimming in order to fit his 32s, but I didn't have to do any to fit mine.

I assume the suspension components are all the same? I could see saab changing something around just to say its better. Take pictures of the front strut, just so we are sure...

This should be different, but in a cool way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
As far as I know, yes, the airbags can be swapped out for springs with no problem.

I don't think the PCM has any say in the airbag height. I believe its a self contained system. But don't quote me there.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
970 Posts
Does anyone know of a front bumper that can replace the gigantic piece of fiberglass in the front of the 97x?
the only company even interested in making bumpers for us is keensaw mtn. but from what i know they havent finished designing.

everybody does customs for now

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
the only company even interested in making bumpers for us is keensaw mtn. but from what i know they havent finished designing.

everybody does customs for now
Only for TBs, nothing for even a Voy. No way will the Saab ever get a custom bumper, sorry but they didnt make enough of them.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Only for TBs, nothing for even a Voy. No way will the Saab ever get a custom bumper, sorry but they didnt make enough of them.
actually keensaw said they were looking for a voy specifically

i think we have same mounts for most things,i know tb's and voys do,just the body is shaped dif.

its a roadie question...he knows all. :hail:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks

Right on guys, thanks. I have a few ideas for the bumper. the problem is that the fiberglass piece runs over the entire front end in one piece.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
From my understanding, all of the GMT360 bumper mounts are the same. It's just a matter of adapting the upper design of the bumper to the specific vehicle.

What you'd have to do is purchase a kennesaw bumper, and either add some metal sheets above it to match the 97x headlight contours, etc... or cut your existing bumper at the top of the KMA bumper and use it as filler.

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
883 Posts
hrm

There's a HUGE difference between off-roading and rallying. Most rallying is done in AWD cars such as Subaru's and Evo's, or I've even heard of some old RWD Mustangs competing. I don't think I'd want to try it in a vehicle as large as a 360 platform, you may end up rolling the thing.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
454 Posts
GL with build as i havent seen a lifted SAAB

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
There's a HUGE difference between off-roading and rallying. Most rallying is done in AWD cars such as Subaru's and Evo's, or I've even heard of some old RWD Mustangs competing. I don't think I'd want to try it in a vehicle as large as a 360 platform, you may end up rolling the thing.
Ever heard of the Dakar Rally?

Hummer:

VW Toureg:

Mitsu Outlander?

Land Rover - Bowler

Plenty of SUVs in the rally circuit. Just not so much the road arenas.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
Wasn't one of the main draws of the SAAB that is was lowered one inch lower than the rest of the series other than the SS?

·
Registered
970 Posts
the thing about alot of american rally races....is that rally america does most of them from my understanding,and they run 4 bangers instead of larger engines.

or did they get a class going for the larger stuff?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts