Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had everything installed and working at one point, but now I am having a very weird issue. Does the swi-ps need to be reprogrammed after the battery is disconnected? My issue is with the volume knob-when I turn it it does change the volume, but it also changes the source. The volume buttons on the steering wheel do the same, which is why I am leaning towards the pac unit being the problem. I just dont want to rip the car apart again to reprogram it if I dont have to...

any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
sorry man wish I could help you. I'm not having any issues with my F90bt

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
You shouldn't have to reprogram after a battery disconnect. Your volume Knob on the radio is changing the volume and source? If that is the case i would think something is wrong with the radio.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
I have the same set up - works fine.
I would try reprogramming the ps-swi.
If you have to tear apart to get to it, when you do - relocate it to under the steering wheel. That way if it needs attention, you just have to take that panel down.
It's supposed to retain it's programming through battery disconnects - mine has.
When you re-do it, make sure nothing else is on. What it does is, it learns the different voltages to send to the head unit for each feature. If something else is on, it could be learning wrong stuff.:undecided

I said mine works fine. That's not totally true. The only problem I have is when the heated seats are on it will change source on the radio (somehow the heated seats are sending voltage spikes to the swi) at random - 2 sec., 10 sec., whatever. They sent me info to fix it - I didn't though - I just don't use the heated seats and the radio together!! I've read of others with the same problem.

Good luck.

Hmmm. I just re-read your post and think bstromback2002 may be right. The ps-swi shouldn't be affecting the radio's volume knob.
If you know someone with skinny hands, show them a pic of where the swi plug is on the back of the radio - flip the glove box door down and reach in and unplug it - then you'll know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I charged the battery today since it was pretty low from testing during the install. Now the knob works fine. /boggle

THanks for the help guys. I will relocate it if I have to pull the dash off again. Good idea!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did some poking around last night. The wire tap on the green wire below the steering wheel was not making great contact. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not until I squeezed it. I replaced it-hope that takes care of everything...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts