Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have annoying tread noise from 25mph and up on the front driver's side wheel. I know it's not a bearing, b/c I just replaced that. It also goes away when I am turning right (alignment issue?).

This noise started soon after a "squeaking" noise in the front driver's side went away. This squeaking noise was pronounced when the front end bounced up and down at stops, slow speed bumps, etc. Now this noise is gone since the tread/tire noise has appeared. This leads me to believe that a part has gone bad/seized up/ something?

What parts might be causing this? Can it be a fairly simple repair for a home mechanic novice? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
38 Posts
tread...bearing noise

I just went through the same thing...if you can, jack up the front end at the cross member, and while touching the coil spring , slowly spin the wheel. If the bearing is rough,you can feel it in the spring......hope this helps

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If the noise goes away when you turn right, it would indicate the bearing on the the right side (passengers side) is bad/going bad.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, but I'm about 90% sure that its a suspension/alignment thing and not the bearing.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I also recently rotated the tires, and the tire I removed from the front driver's side had uneven tire wear. I know I can't do the alignment myself, but I'm trying to figure out what part went bad, so I can replace it, then take it to the shop. Thanks again.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
An alignment that is out of specs doesn't necessarily mean any parts are bad. Just hitting a pot hole can throw the alignment off.:m2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.