Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i am drivin down the road both traction control lights come on for no reason. Anyone know why?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
96 Posts
We could use a bit more info here....does this happen every time it is driven? In order to correctly diagnose the problem let me tell you, you WILL need to have codes read....unless you're a super mechanic, and then you probably wouldn't be asking the question here.

I have had this problem....three separate times....three different sensors replaced, all within 600 miles! I wish I knew why these traction control sensors experience failure. I drive like an old lady...(because I AM one!) Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not every time its really random. when the light is on i do still have traction control.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
You will most likely have to pay a dealer to talk to your brake control system with their scan tool to search for saved codes. If you drive too much after one of the incidents, stored archived codes evaporate and age out of memory.

Intermittents are the worst sort of problems to have, unless you catch them in the act. Wish I could tell you it was a loose connector pin in location 42 of C319, but that's impossible, even for the great Carnac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts