Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will give as much information as possible. I parked my car after driving to wallyworld I had absolutely no problems. I get up in the morning drive for coffee shift to second that’s it. I had no slippage the day before. It’s like limp mode without any idiot lights. I’m in NC just came back from month and a half in Colorado. While in Colorado my temp sensor stopped working. I had intermittent cruise control turn car off and back on would usually fix the issue. Sometimes my speedo would say 100 when I’m at 40 and my horn stopped working. Mechanic said possible bad ground or bcm. When I returned to NC all these issues disappeared. I have browsed for ground issue. I’m disabled so it’s hard with the cold. I was back a week when transmission started this. I do not know if they are related but again I’m trying to give all info possible. I can’t afford a shop unless it’s say shift solenoid. Fluid was low but has been filled still the same. I figure since I had no transmission issue prior that it’s going to be electrical. What would be the order and things to check or just go to junkyard and replace? 233k miles. Thank you for your time reading abs or responding it’s greatly appreciated as I’m stuck a long way from home

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Before guessing at transmission problems, have the PCM scanned for trouble codes FIRST. Emphasis on FIRST!

We need to run the logic tree here or both of us will fall into rabbit holes.... repeatedly.

Some problems will not show up as PCM codes (like shift A&B solenoid failures, for example), and will need to be diagnosed by someone who has the ability and experience to do so. I do... but I'll need your eyes and fingers on your end of this dialog.

This is long distance rocket surgery.

FUN FACT ---> Your transmission uses the same fuse as the MAF, O2 sensors..... and maybe one other sensor.

Therefore ... if an O2 sensor shorts out, it will blow the fuse and the trans will go into limp-mode. CONFIRM AND DIAGNOSE that the trans has electrical power and it's shared fuse is not blown before doing anything else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok
Before guessing at transmission problems, have the PCM scanned for trouble codes FIRST. Emphasis on FIRST!

We need to run the logic tree here or both of us will fall into rabbit holes.... repeatedly.

Some problems will not show up as PCM codes (like shift A&B solenoid failures, for example), and will need to be diagnosed by someone who has the ability and experience to do so. I do... but I'll need your eyes and fingers on your end of this dialog.

This is long distance rocket surgery.

FUN FACT ---> Your transmission uses the same fuse as the MAF, O2 sensors..... and maybe one other sensor.

Therefore ... if an O2 sensor shorts out, it will blow the fuse and the trans will go into limp-mode. CONFIRM AND DIAGNOSE that the trans has electrical power and it's shared fuse is not blown before doing anything else.
ok my fun fact. I’ve never heard of maf until earlier this week when my boss cleared the codes. It had popped up at some point but check engine light is not on. I will check the fuse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts