Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Here about a week ago I put a lift, 275/75/16 tires, and a tuned PCM in my 05 TB LS 4.2 I6. I had the PCM tuned for 89 octane, #2 shift firmness, remove speed limiter, and tuner choice rev limiter. Driving around town for the last week has been fine. It has plenty of get-up-and-go and the shifts were nice and firm.

Friday night, I set out on a 350 mile trip. The drive is 98% freeway so it was steady 65-75 mph. After about an hour, the check engine light came on, cruise control quit working, and the trans would not shift above 3rd gear. After getting it to a dealer saturday morning, I was told that the codes were torque converter/clutch error and thermostat issue.

The shop is going to go through the valve body in the morning and look for any problems, broken parts, etc. and get it put back together so I can go back home. Also, just a few days ago I ordered a corvette servo and Transgo 4L60E shift kit. Would installing these parts prevent the TC/clutch problem from happening again?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the dealership went through the valve body and didn't find anything unusual. Some of the valves and solenoids were a little slow but they cleaned them out. They also replaced the thermostat and thermostat housing to take care of the operating temp issue.

On the return trip Monday it ran just fine. No erratic shifting or SES lights came on. I ran 85-90 mph for a good 2 and a half hours and nothing unusual happened. I will put the corvette servo and transgo shift kit in anyway just to be safe, maybe a trans cooler too. I don't want the thing blowing up on me just yet! :cool:

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
i had the same sythoms except that when the engine light came on i had to press the gas all the way down for the truck to move, which was terrible. it could be that there was something wrong with the gear ratio or tire calibration tune. I read mine and fix it...good as new.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does a dealership service shop have the ability to recalibrate the PCM for the new tire size or do I have to send it back to PCMforLESS? It still reads 5 mph below at 75 mpg.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Did you tell Kelly about the tire change prior to ordering the PCM reprogram? If not, I am sure they can reprogram for the tire size. Yes the dealer can reprogram for a price.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that I put in my order to recal to 265/75/16 tires. Oh well, I can stop by a dealership and have it done, no big deal.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I thought that I put in my order to recal to 265/75/16 tires. Oh well, I can stop by a dealership and have it done, no big deal.
If you are under warranty, the tune will/may void it. If no warranty make sure you tell them about the tune so they don't re-flash the PCM and wipe out your tune.:m2:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called the local dealership and they said they can't change anything with the speedometer. I sent Kelly at PCMforLESS and e-mail and they said they recalibrated for the new tire size. It will get worked out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts