Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2005 trailblazer with the I6. It has 98,500 miles and my extend warranty ends at 100,000. I have had 3 issues with the transmission (once a year now) and a bearing broke loose and cracked some of the internal parts. The warranty company is going to pay for a rebuild (which would have a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty) or I can pay an extra $400 out of pocket for a new tranny ( 3 year 100,000 mile warranty).

We drive about 70 - 80 miles a day. I'm thinking I should do the new tranny, since the current one has been a lemon, and I'd have a good warranty. Am I thinking correct on this one???????

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
:m2: Go with the new especially at $400. I've had the trans rebuilt on various vehicles in the past-Ram 2500, F150, Trans Am, Grand Prix, and each of them never felt right after. In my last car before the Trailvoy I ended up getting a new trans put in even after the rebuild. Again :m2:

Reactions: TigerMike1

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
:m2: Go with the new especially at $400. I've had the trans rebuilt on various vehicles in the past-Ram 2500, F150, Trans Am, Grand Prix, and each of them never felt right after. In my last car before the Trailvoy I ended up getting a new trans put in even after the rebuild. Again :m2:
:iagree:

$400 seems worth the piece of mind of a solid transmission, especially approaching 100k miles!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'd go new, $400 isn't much and you don't have to worry about how good the rebuild was, what parts they didn't replace, and being on your own after 12,000 miles. At 80 miles a day the warranty will cover you for the full 3 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts