Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, looking for anyone with some advice or experience with my problem. Have an '05 Trailblazer EXT, has been a great vehicle for the most part. Last April the transmission went, driving down the highway at 65mph and slammed into low gear, wouldn't come out. Garage I took it to was reputable for transmissions, put in a new rebuilt transmission, all was fine. They never took it apart completely to diagnose, said it wasn't worth the time and money to do that and we just went and put a rebuilt one in.

Two weeks ago I was doing 45mph, again same thing, slammed into low gear and stayed there. Again took it to the same garage, had a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty on the transmission. After they looked at (took it apart this time to diagnose) they called me and said they wouldn't honor the warranty because they stated that the clutch and sprockets were completely overheated and broken off and that the only way that could happen is when someone is stuck in mud, snow, etc. or extreme abuse. Currently trying to get the warranty dispute settled.

Now, I am the only person that has driven this vehicle for the past 12 months, have only put 10,000 miles on it since the rebuilt transmission was installed, and I know for a fact that I have never been stuck, abused the transmission, etc, just normal wear and tear. Obviously there's no way I can prove that. The only issue I can think of was about a month ago I put the 4WD HI on and it did not engage. I turned it back off and then tried it again later and it engaged fine. And yes, i turned it back off...no other issues that I can think of. My question here is has anyone else had or seen damage to a transmission that would resemble what the garage is saying is obvious abuse? I'm not looking to "stick it" to the garage here and I understand where they are coming from, but my concern is that if I put another transmission in, the same thing will happen and ill be back in the same spot. I'm wondering if there's something else with the Trailblazer that is affecting the transmission and making it act like this? I know this year trailblazer and the GM transmission have a reputation. It seems odd that the exact same thing has happened twice now, and I really hate to sell this truck, I love it more than any other vehicle I've had. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.