Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to drop the transmission pan on my 06 XL this weekend to change the filter. I noticed that the exhaust crossover pipe crosses under the back side of the pan. I figured that since the pan is notched for it, I should be fine. I messed with it for over an hour but could not clear the pan from the pipe. Am I missing something here or can I assume that I have to drop the exhaust to remove the pan? Has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do nearly all of my own mechanical work from basic maintenance to large repairs but, I have to admit, I took my trani filter to a mechanic and had the work done in this case. Unfortunately, I didn't ask him how he got the pan out. I will take a closer look at it the next time the filter needs changed. I wonder if the cross member mount can be loosened or removed and the transmission jacked up slightly to gain clearance from the exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.