Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a local reputable transmission shop today about changing the filter/fluid in my recently purchased 04 TB w/100,000 miles. He mentioned doing an upgrade while he had the the pan off that would make the torque converter lock up better at highway speeds and also make the transmission last longer if I was not already having any problems. He told me alot of information in a short phone call and I may be confused. Does anyone know of what he is referring to and is this correct? The cost would be around $250. What term should I search for if I want to find out more info in the forums?

thanks
david

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
well i dont know about upgrading a tranny (techincal aspects of it at least).. but i would just do the regular maintenance.. filter and fluid..

my philosophy is "if it ain't broke, dont fix it!" :tiphat

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Sounds like a good concept :undecided, but would agree with Boricua SS. I'd get a pcm tune instead, better shifts, overall performance, supposedly extends tranny life. I would search torque converter, transmission, ect, to maybe find more info for yourself.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Im pretty sure he's talking about the Superior 1870 Error code eliminator kit, I have this in my 02 and even with the stock TCC lockup settings its much better. Throw in my tweaks to the lockup settings, and its basically another gear shift.

$250 for pan drop, flush, parts, and install? Or just parts and install? For everything thats reasonable, for just the parts probably not. Have him tell you exactly what he's going to do first and post that.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
He mentioned doing an upgrade while he had the the pan off that would make the torque converter lock up better at highway speeds and also make the transmission last longer if I was not already having any problems.
Maybe he was talking about upgrading your tc into a yank which i recommend for better lock ups as a dd...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see superior transmission products list about three shift correction kits. Has anyone used any of them? (scarabepic22?) I'm mainly interested in durability and fuel economy in my TB. I also see Transgo has some kits. I'm just learning about transmissions and curious about what "Converts lock-up to an on/off system to help stop the TCC slippage code" means as stated on the superior website. I'm not having any error codes but I do notice some very subtle surges at cruising speeds. I just purchased a high mileage TB and hope to make it last alot longer. I have a 1994 Jeep Gr. Cherokee with 250,000 miles that I got 205,000 miles out of the original trans and I hope to have as good of luck with this TB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts