Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been asked and answered, my apologies. Had to replace the radiator on a 2002 Trailblazer. Bought the radiator from Autozone (Spectra Premium). Got it installed and everything in place, then bam...the transmission lines don't fit. The GM tranny lines seem one size bigger than the threads on the radiator.

I really don't want to take the radiator back out and return it, just thought of adapting the lines with some rubber hosing to accomoday. Problem is, I don't know what size the fittings are. Any help/links/advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Take it out and get the right radiator. They owe you the correct radiator.
:iagree: You don't want one of those rubber lines blowing off on you and not know it. No one likes a broken trans lol

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
106 Posts
Interesting, I replaced my radiator with the Spectra Premium and it was a perfect fit. It came with new fittings that screw into the rad. The trans lines just insert and are held in by a spring clip. If yours do not fit, take the fittings out of the old radiator, that should solve your problem. If the old fittings do not fit in the new radiator, you got the wrong radiator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts