Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 06 tb ss. had tranny rebuilt at 26000 miles under warranty. the prob i have now is when they removed the exhaust from the manifold to remove the tranny the mechanic cut the frame reinforcement to get the wide flange of the exhaust out and then tried to cover it up by putting a peice of fuel hose over the cut area to try to hide it is this going to cause structual problems and should i be concerned and what recourse do i have to get it fixed.:thx

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
They cut part of your frame out to get the trans removed?

WTH!?

Even on an AWD it doesn't take that. I'd go see a lawyer and ask about possibly suing them for endangerment of your life. That's rid-dang-diculous.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Agreed. a lawyer is required, after you start the process using the GM escalation process. The advice you get from Internet forums is worth exactly what you pay for it.

Except this - document EVERY conversation, phone call, and letter in a log book.

If it was a less-than-structural crossmember, it might be replaceable as a part rather than the entire frame. But since it was a GM dealer who performed the botched surgery, you need to start with GM zone management.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we called gm and they said take it back to dealership to have it fixed. the part that was cut is a triangular brace that connects the crossmember to the frame. it is welded in place. will welding in a new peice compromise the integrity of the frame? is the frame heat treated as in should not be welded to? thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
It shouldn't affect the integrity of the frame, but the integrity of the dealer and mechanic that did the cutting and his service manager should be questioned!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.