Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the radiator on my 07 Denali and now have issues with what I believe is the torque converter lockup (TCC). Every thing is fine until the car is fully warmed up and driven 6 or 7 miles when I experience a shudder on slight throttle but goes away with more throttle or less throttle. Some times its severe around 30 mph and slight throttle. No codes. To me I think its the torque converter clutch locking and unlocking or slipping as the temp and speed should have the converter locked but the slight throttle should unlock it.
The car has 191,000 miles on it. I have a Range DOD delete installed and the brake booster disconnected for about 50,000 miles which seemed to control oil consumption. I did remove the range and reconnected the booster but it didn't effect the existing problem.

I would like to disconnect the TCC solenoid but have not found a way to do it. I know its inside the case but I cannot find any electrical connection or fuse.

The GM trouble shooting procedure for the TCC is rather lengthy and involves checking connections with car running at speed. Problem with that is I don't have a hoist and at 83 I can't run that fast.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts