1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission fluid for transmission replacement 2005 TB 4.2 V6 4x2

Hello!

My old girl's transmission went out. 150k miles, and it's getting replaced. New transmission is getting shipped to the shop. I need to know where the best place is to go for the proper fluids that I'll have to provide, to install the new Transmission. I assume Transmission fluid, in what amount? And I also assume I will want to provide a filter for the new install. What else would I need in terms of fluids, and where are some of the better places to order from? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
204 Posts
Tranny fluid

Transmission fluid for transmission replacement 2005 TB 4.2 V6 4x2

Hello!

My old girl's transmission went out. 150k miles, and it's getting replaced. New transmission is getting shipped to the shop. I need to know where the best place is to go for the proper fluids that I'll have to provide, to install the new Transmission. I assume Transmission fluid, in what amount? And I also assume I will want to provide a filter for the new install. What else would I need in terms of fluids, and where are some of the better places to order from? Any help would be appreciated!
check the back of your owner's manual for fluid capacity and specifications. Suggest you find local source for the fluid, as most online stores will not ship oil/fluids

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
6 Posts
Type and capacity

Usually anything Dexron VI is a good bet (although they also mention three on the dipstick -be wary of that) and keep in mind that the capacity in the book (mine says 5 qt.) is only filter change. Don't forget to take into account for cooler line loss. With line and filter change, I ended up with adding about 6 1/2 qts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts