Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in Michigan this week for work and the wife calls this morning. She's driving the Trailblazer and she said when she left daycare this morning, she shifted into drive and it just made noise but wouldn't go. She said reverse worked. She called me and I told her to try 1 and 2 and they worked so I said to put it into 2 and drive home.

So my transmission failed at 33k miles? lol Factory warranty expired in March but thankfully I have an extended warranty. I'm glad I'll be home tonight.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
So I'm in Michigan this week for work and the wife calls this morning. She's driving the Trailblazer and she said when she left daycare this morning, she shifted into drive and it just made noise but wouldn't go. She said reverse worked. She called me and I told her to try 1 and 2 and they worked so I said to put it into 2 and drive home.

So my transmission failed at 33k miles? lol Factory warranty expired in March but thankfully I have an extended warranty. I'm glad I'll be home tonight.
Did she try 3?? I'm going to guess that if Reverse worked, as well as 1 and 2 (and maybe 3), that the sprag exploded...

BTW, TAKE YOUR TUNE OUT before you take it in, if you can!!

Mike

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Sucks to hear about the transmission.

Don't worry, BO says all is good and GM (Government Motors) will stand by the warranty. As the previous poster said, take out the tune if you can before taking to dealer.

·
3,700 Posts
Also, do try and get the factory warranty to cover the issue, being that you are under the 36k, and only 2 months over the time... The nice thing about GM is that they'll cover stuff even if it's just a little bit out of warranty (whereas the asian mfg's CUT YOU OFF completely at 36,001 miles)... It really can't hurt to ask...

Mike

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
228 Posts
about the tranny

You have the same tranny as I have in my Silverado. My silverado trans went at 44,000. Anyway, the front sprag and the sun shell are known defects in the tranny by GM.

As told here in the post, if possible, remove the tune from the car. I had to on mine. GM can < and will > void any warranty if a vehicle does not match the CVN (calibration Vehicle Numbers).

Don

Good luck with the fix

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking sun shell too.

How can I take out the tune? Is there a way I can reset the TCM? Since I'll be using my ext warranty, do I need to worry about the tune?

My tune is pretty mild, I would be surprised if that caused it.

·
3,700 Posts
I was thinking sun shell too.

How can I take out the tune? Is there a way I can reset the TCM? Since I'll be using my ext warranty, do I need to worry about the tune?

My tune is pretty mild, I would be surprised if that caused it.
I thought the sun shell was only really an issue up until '03??

I don't know how to take out a PCM4less tune... A lot of the handheld tuners keep your old tune, and you can just put it back in, but I don't know if it's even possible with the PCM4Less tune... I was hoping you'd have gotten a junkyard PCM and had them flash it, then kept your factory PCM, unflashed...

No idea about your extended warranty, but you might read the fine print on the paperwork...

A mild tune probably wouldn't have caused it, but it'll sure as hell give GM reason to void your warranty...

Mike

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I just got off the phone with Kelly at PCMforless and she's sending me a stock PCM/TCM with a patch for the e-fans.

I should get a junkyard set though just to have.

I think the TB is just being a spoiled little b*tch because the new car has been getting all the attention. :rotfl:

·
3,700 Posts
Well I just got off the phone with Kelly at PCMforless and she's sending me a stock PCM/TCM with a patch for the e-fans.

I think the TB is just being a spoiled little b*tch because the new car has been getting all the attention. :rotfl:

Very cool!

Yep... always a good idea...

She sure is... New car's even got the same engine and less ass to haul around, so you know she's jealous!

Mike

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts

Any chance wifey out beating on the TB while you are out of town on business? :crazy:

j/k

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very cool!

Yep... always a good idea...

She sure is... New car's even got the same engine and less ass to haul around, so you know she's jealous!

Mike
I'm pretty sure the new car will run circles around the TB! It sure feels like it anyway.

I was planning to tune the Impala but I'm thinking I'll just leave it stock for awhile. A tune can actually be a PITA some times.

Any chance wifey out beating on the TB while you are out of town on business? :crazy:

j/k
When she called this morning to tell me, I asked her if she was beating on it. :D

·
3,700 Posts
I'm pretty sure the new car will run circles around the TB! It sure feels like it anyway.

I was planning to tune the Impala but I'm thinking I'll just leave it stock for awhile. A tune can actually be a PITA some times.
Yep, I'm sure it will... My grandpa has one, and it's got BALLS...

Yeah, it can be, when you take it into the dealer, and such... I am not voiding my 100k drivetrain warranty on my 4L60E for a little drivability increase... Too big a chance I'll need the warranty to pay for a transmission to justify possibly voiding it, to me...

Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts

j/k
can't see that being the case cause I beat the crap outta my 02 and it's only broke 2 rear ends. No trans problems other than a rusted thru leaking line. AND Ive been Westers tune for 3 years now I think.

and yeah the TB is prolly being a whiny little bish. Now you need to mod it to make it feel better :D

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, I'm sure it will... My grandpa has one, and it's got BALLS...

Yeah, it can be, when you take it into the dealer, and such... I am not voiding my 100k drivetrain warranty on my 4L60E for a little drivability increase... Too big a chance I'll need the warranty to pay for a transmission to justify possibly voiding it, to me...

Mike
Yes, they do move pretty well and sound good too even with stock exhaust.

I had an issue one other time when the dealer flashed the PCM and f-d everything up so I had to send the PCM/TCM back to Alvin and retune it. It's a PITA because not only did I have the crappy stock tune back but the e-fans default to being on all the time too.

I have only a mild tune and it runs soooooo much better than stock. It's worth it IMO but sucks in cases like this.

can't see that being the case cause I beat the crap outta my 02 and it's only broke 2 rear ends. No trans problems other than a rusted thru leaking line. AND Ive been Westers tune for 3 years now I think.

and yeah the TB is prolly being a whiny little bish. Now you need to mod it to make it feel better :D
I'll have to give it a bath and some Zaino this weekend to make it feel better! If that doesn't work, I'll threaten to sell it to someone that drives gravel roads and doesn't have a garage. lol

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
have them check the shifter solenoids...

i'll have to look for my old thread... but when in drive i wouldnt go anywhere(if it did very slowly) but going manual it worked alright... turns out the shifter solenoids i think is what it was, went out and had to be replaced in the tranny... nothing big... think they were 30 dollar parts.. most was labor and diagnosis... let me look for it in a little bit...

found it...
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=28558&highlight=drive

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
have them check the shifter solenoids...

i'll have to look for my old thread... but when in drive i wouldnt go anywhere(if it did very slowly) but going manual it worked alright... turns out the shifter solenoids i think is what it was, went out and had to be replaced in the tranny... nothing big... think they were 30 dollar parts.. most was labor and diagnosis... let me look for it in a little bit...

found it...
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=28558&highlight=drive
My wife did make a comment that she could shift the shifter really easy and it didn't "click" through the gear settings like normal. :undecided

I'll check out your thread. Thanks!

BTW, I'm sitting in O'Hare right now. :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts