Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing some work on my 02 TB 4.2 I noticed the transmission dipstick was not seated properly. So I took it out and tried to put it back in and it stopped about and inch from being seated properly. I was able to push it in the rest of the way with very little force, but then it popped back out. I secured it with a little duct tape to avoid letting in any more moisture and dirt. I'm not sure how long it has been like this. Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,421 Posts
A word of caution about the locking dipstick for the tranny. It must be locked down. (Quickie lube guy screwed up)

I personally had an issue while driving up a long hill in the summer. The tranny fluid squirrted up and onto the exhaust manifold. The ensuing fire was minor but did enough damage because it melted some wires and my K&N FIPK plastic intake tube.

Try a twisting motion while inserting it to get it around the last bend. Then make sure it is locked down!

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,671 Posts
The rubber piece is out but the stick will still not come out.HELP
The tube should be bolted to the block or bellhousing and if that's where this rubber part is, then you're just working against yourself.

Here's the tube and the indicator plus the rubber seal.

Bicycle part Electric blue Fashion accessory Auto part Font

You might have the locking style indicator too ....

Font Auto part Plastic Bicycle part Electric blue

Here's the lower details ...

Engineering Electric blue Metal Magenta Electronics accessory

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,671 Posts
Never saw a PM from you --- to where did you send it?

NOW that I understand your grief ---- I'll bet it's rusted into place --
-------and you will have to try something like Maltby's or Marvel
-------------to let it soak into the rusted areas and then you will just have to work with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts