Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am new to the site, but it looks to be very helpful with everyones combined knowledge. My wife and I just bought a used '04 trailblazer with about 50k miles on it. So far we love it! However lately we did have to take it in to get serviced because the thermostat housing was leaking on our waterpump. It was covered by the warranty so no big deal, but still kinda dissappointing.:sadcry: I kindof think it is still leaking so I am keeping an eye on it, but it is hard to do since we live in an apartment complex and there is no way to know if the puddle under your car is from your car or not. So I just filled up the reservoir the other day and so far so good, but I will keep a close eye on it. However, recently I have noticed another problem. With the bad weather we have had recently we have been using the A4wd for the icy roads and stuff. Now that the roads are clear again I put it back in 2wd. However when I start the car it now signals that the transfer case is in neutral and it blinks 2wd...If I leave it alone, it will eventually give up and stay lit in neutral, but I can still drive it like that so I dont think it actually is in neutral. However if I put the transmission in neutral for a second and then shift to either drive or reverse, it clicks over to 2wd and stays there. :weird: What should I do about this. It is not a really big problem I dont think to shift to neutral first, but it is kind of annoying. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not that my lights do not come on, the light for Neutral is on when I turn the car on and it immediately tries to put it into 2wd, which it was in when I turned the car off.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Likely some oxidized contacts in the switch. With the ignition off, just turn it back and forth 40-50 times. They fail more often than the control module, so you also might look on Ebay for a cheap replacement. You should be able to remove it (pops out from the front) and spray some electronics cleaner into it, then exercise it. Never use a lubricant like WD40, however. (Sorry, don't know how much of an electrical newb you might be. )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts