Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and would like to apologize if this is the wrong place to ask questions. Okay, I have a 2006 Trailblazer 4.2l 4x4. I started having problems with the 4 wheel drive, so I went ahead and eliminated it by gutting the CV joints and removing the front shaft. Once I got her put back together the motor runs at high rpm when driving and will only shift If I get it up to 4000rpm and let off the gas. Antony have any ideas on what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm losing work and I go stir crazy when I cant work. Thank you.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,450 Posts
Removing the CV axles and front drive shaft should have no affect on how the engine runs. You need to go back over your work and see if you damaged any wiring or knocked any connectors off.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
you made sure it was in 2wd before removing the front shaft.

as envoyboy2004 said, theres nothing that was done by removing the 4wd system that would stop from operating as a 2wd vehicle for many years(life of the vehicle)

I plan to do the same to mine if and when the front diff or transfer case fails. very important to keep a close eye on front diff and transfer case fluids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts