Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know NOTHING about cars, but didnt know where else to turn atm! Please bear with me!! I have an 02 Trailblazer and it had gotten stuck in 4wheel low. Have had trouble with 4wheel drive for the last 3 years. So like always, I got it going a bit, into neutral she goes and flip the switch so it goes into 2 wheel.drive. Never had a problem before! Worked like a charms every time! This time, it made a god awful grinding and stopped like I hit a brick wall. Had 5 men stop to help push it out of traffic, she wouldn't budge..
SUGGESTIONS on what happened and how can I fix it??
N9Ö

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,243 Posts
More than likely there is nothing you can do to fix it without first determining if the problem is internal to transfer case, front differential or other front drive component. When was the last time the transfer case fluid changed? It needs to be changed every 50K miles using GM AutoTrak II fluid.
How did it get stuck in 4LO and what kind of troubles have you had with 4WD in the past?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More than likely there is nothing you can do to fix it without first determining if the problem is internal to transfer case, front differential or other front drive component. When was the last time the transfer case fluid changed? It needs to be changed every 50K miles using GM AutoTrak II fluid.
How did it get stuck in 4LO and what kind of troubles have you had with 4WD in the past?
Either it wouldn't shift into or out of 4high or AWD. Last year I never so m.j much as touch the knob! It's never worked the way it should have. This year, I saw I was missing a fuse that was doe the 4wheel drive. Was so confident that it was the fuse, I replaced it and this happened. I never knew anything about the transfer case oil

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,243 Posts
The 2002 model year is known to have issues with the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM). If you want, get one for a 2003+ model (make sure it is for a Trailblazer or Envoy) and swap it into your truck. It is located under the left knee panel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts