Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I replaced the power steering lines. While doing so disconnected battery and removed. Also removed entire fusebox and disconnected pcm to get new lines in. The job sucked. Now everything back in. Lost 4x4 found broken wire do to chewing. Fixed and 4x4 back now Trans is stuck in limp mode. Came back real quick when I changed air flow sensor. Got codes for shift sensors so I changed them. Replaced positive battery wire 4x4 actuator. Before dumping anymore money into it I'm now tracing every single wire to see for damage. Oh checked fuses in engine bay and under rear seat is their a third. Is it possible I fried my pcm. Or should I keep tracing wires. I do have a damaged air bag wire that I'm about to cut and fix. Before I do could that cause limp mode

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,485 Posts
It's most likely that you either forgot to connect something when you put everything back together, or one of the connectors to the PCM is not properly seated. Also, visually inspect the PCM connectors to make sure you did not bend any pins.

Since you mention that you found a broken wire due to some critter gnawing on it, you'll definitely need to look at all the wires you can get to for other rodent damage and repair them as you proceed.

Also, there is no 3rd fuse panel as far as I know.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts