Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a local trans shop and they ran the codes for me, shift solenoid a&b, torque convertor solenoid, as well as a couple others (5 codes total). The guy at the shop said it sounds to him that the trans isn't getting any power. I have checked most of my fuses and they all seem in perfect working order. The problem happened, seemingly out of no where. It is incredibly slow when accelerating from a stop and doesn't accelerate at all like it did before. I'm really crossing my fingers here and hoping it is something simple and stupid. anything particular I should check out? Anything particular I should tell a mechanic if it comes to that? Better yet, has anyone experienced a similar problem with multiple codes coming from the trans at once? BTW it still shifts fine when I run through the gears with the shifter. No odd noises either. No check engine light either.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think thats the case here, this is the place i took it to read the codes in the first place. at that time they told me it doesn't sound mechanical at all. so if they do start talking mechanical parts i'll be out of there in a heart beat.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the problem was traced back to the ignition switch. Supposedly it is shifting fine now (I have yet to drive it). After the fix the parking lights remain on along with the battery light on the cluster, which makes sense. Now they are telling me I need a new instrument cluster. Does this follow any type of logic to anyone? This is defying logic to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.