Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering adding a transmission cooler on a 2002 Envoy, I-6, 4x4 I am going to buy. Will the trans cooler cause any notable problems with the AC condenser or radiator efficiency?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
If you mount it in front of the a/c condenser, where it will do the most good, it might have some kind of effect on a/c and radiator efficiency. But I doubt very much if you will notice it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
Am considering adding a transmission cooler on a 2002 Envoy, I-6, 4x4 I am going to buy. Will the trans cooler cause any notable problems with the AC condenser or radiator efficiency?
I put on a trans cooler two years ago and have seen no adverse problems at all. Been using the Scangauge II for the last 3 Months, and just finished a rugged Moab trip. The numbers show a definite bonus in keeping the fluid temps down. We were wheeling with AC--Sat radio--lumbar support and a frosty soda in the cup holder. Can't hardly beef about that.

Do the Trans cooler. A very good return on investment overall ,no matter what type of use your Trailvoy is asked to do. Good luck.....Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.