Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having quiet the time with new 2003 TB i got for practically nothing.. knew it had bad motor, swapped out, once got it on highway found out the transmission i shot on it.. have 1-2 gears. i also have a 08 TB that sitting in my driveway. is it possible to take transmission out of the 08, and it be compatible with my 03?? any insight or advise be greatly appreciated.. im going crazy not having a working vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4x4 won’t engage due to front diff being fucked, dash lit up like a Christmas tree, in rough condition all around compared to its lil sister.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
472 Posts
having quiet the time with new 2003 TB i got for practically nothing.. knew it had bad motor, swapped out, once got it on highway found out the transmission i shot on it.. have 1-2 gears. i also have a 08 TB that sitting in my driveway. is it possible to take transmission out of the 08, and it be compatible with my 03?? any insight or advise be greatly appreciated.. im going crazy not having a working vehicle
All I can tell you is that they aren't the same electronics wise. It might work if you used the wire harness off the 03 on the 08. The difference is the 08 has an input speed sensor and the 03 does not, so I don't know if the connectors on the 03 vehicle harness will connect to the 08 trans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts