Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 06 tb has 48xxx on it. to me it shifts like crap. maybe its how these work but i dont think its right. to me it seems to shift from 3rd to drive way to soon then i guess its the converter that seems to lock up and act as overdrive but i can come off of a ramp onto the highway doing 25-30 and its at about 1000-1100 rpms. i give it a little more than half throttle which on any other of my cars should be more than plenty to downshift and pick up speed quick, but this dont. i feel the converter unlock or whatever you call it and it picks up about 300 rpms but i give it a little more pedal and it just wont downshift unless i nail it. i manually shift it to 3rd and it goes like hell at 1/2 throttle. what the hell is wrong???????

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
my 06 tb has 48xxx on it. to me it shifts like crap. maybe its how these work but i dont think its right. to me it seems to shift from 3rd to drive way to soon then i guess its the converter that seems to lock up and act as overdrive but i can come off of a ramp onto the highway doing 25-30 and its at about 1000-1100 rpms. i give it a little more than half throttle which on any other of my cars should be more than plenty to downshift and pick up speed quick, but this dont. i feel the converter unlock or whatever you call it and it picks up about 300 rpms but i give it a little more pedal and it just wont downshift unless i nail it. i manually shift it to 3rd and it goes like hell at 1/2 throttle. what the hell is wrong???????
Well my first thought is that at 48,000 it should have a complete fluid/filter change including pan drop. Dex VI is the fluid of choice. They do tend to be a bit sloppy but a tune will fix that problem. PCMForless is a vendor on the site and can help you with that. :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
My first question is how long have you had the TB? Is this a new problem or has this always been the way yours has worked? I had mine set up to stay locked longer for MPG reasons. If I want to go I just punch the loud pedal and hang on. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts