Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im going to change the tranny fluid and filter and need suggestions on what is the Best tranny fluid for my 03 tb with 113,000 miles:undecided..she shifts a little harsh and want smooth shifts :woot: thanx

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
I switched to Redline D6 and am very happy with how the transmission responded. I did a full 12 quart flush.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
I just changed mine using factory fluid, not a bad price around $8 per quart. When it comes to oils/fluid the consenous is synthetics beat out convential and past that (as long as they all meet spec. for what your doing) its a matter of brand loyality. I hear a lot of people praising castrol dex 6 for improving the shifting on our trucks, might want to look into that. All though with your milage there may be a trans fluid more geared to higher milage trannies. Also go with the full fluid flush if possible. I just changed mine and just as it said in the service manual I got out a lil over 5 quarts.

Stupid me should have put in a drain plug while I had the pan down, or perhaps a deep sump pan with cooling fins, especially since there is so much clearence before it would pass below the frame rails.

However now that Obama is in office all is magically improved, hence transmission fluid never needs to be changed and your car will last forever without and maintainence whatsoever (sarcasm)

·
Registered
2007 gmc
159 Posts
You can do a full flush yourself. Drop the pan and change the filter the way you normally would. Reinstall the pan and fill the tranny pan with 5 quarts. Have a helper or two available, disconnect the return line from the radiator or tranny cooler back to the transmission and put a funnel or 3/8 hose on it (depending on which you have and are doing) into a marked container with the remaining system capacity (11 quarts - 5 quarts in the the pan = 6 quarts remaining). Start the vehicle and fluid will start to pump out. If you can have someone fill the tranny at approximately the same rate at which it is being pumped out. When fluid appears cleaner or 6 quarts have been pumped out your done. I typically buy an extra quart just in case I pump to much out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts