Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, while looking around my engine bay for something involving another mod, I noticed that the Transmission dipstick was sort of just sitting in the hole and it wasn't in there very snug (even in the locked position). Could this cause any issues (other than the major one: debris falling into the fluid). I should worry about or do I need to find a replacement/ make a repair ASAP?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
No.Nothing to worry about but keep removing and check the actual dip often. I checked mine once last summer and 3/4 of it came out. The end of the stick had rotted off. And the end was down in the tranny. Had to remove the dip stick tube to retreive the end of the stick. The hard part was getting the tube back through the gromet in the tranny and the did a service on it.
The stick at the dealer was about $12 to replace.:yes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
No.Nothing to worry about but keep removing and check the actual dip stick often. I checked mine once last summer and 3/4 of it came out. The end of the stick had rotted off. And the end was down in the tranny. Had to remove the dip stick tube to retreive the end of the stick. The hard part was getting the tube back through the gromet in the tranny and the did a service on it.
The stick at the dealer was about $12 to replace.:yes:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Before my tranny cooler on a hot summer day, while screaming up a steep 16 mile long hill up a mountain, I had fluid come up onto my exhaust manifold and catch some stuff on fire. So I would ensure that it properly locks down. :undecided (I should note that the dummy that checked my fluid level at the quickie lube left it sitting part way up):duh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts