Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a tranny cooler to me 05 Trailblazer. Can anyone tell me how to get the air out of the lines once I have it hooked up? Is there a bleeder valve somewhere?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Yup. No need to bleed the transmission cooler lines.

Make sure that your new cooler is in addition to the factory cooler! wet-to-wet coolers are much more efficient than wet-to-dry models. The new cooler should go in the outlet line of the factory one to give additional cooling back to the transmission.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Yup. No need to bleed the transmission cooler lines.

Make sure that your new cooler is in addition to the factory cooler! wet-to-wet coolers are much more efficient than wet-to-dry models. The new cooler should go in the outlet line of the factory one to give additional cooling back to the transmission.
:iagree::iagree: True That!!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
Hate to sound stupid, but what does wet-to-wet & wet-to-dry mean in relation to the coolers?
The stock transmission cooler is inside the radiator, so it is surrounded by engine coolant. That is a wet-wet cooler, as it has liquids on both sides of the piping. A wet-dry cooler is like the radiator itself. It has liquid inside and air outside.

ct_mike

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
I used simple terminology. Wet-to-dry means there is liquid inside the cooler and air used to cool it. Typical aftermarket cooler like the B&M model. In this style, there are plate coolers and fin coolers.

Wet-to-wet coolers use liquid to cool liquid, and are submerged in some form of wet. The factory cooler is this type, built into the radiator tank, and uses anti-freeze to cool the transmission oil.

I'm not sure that one can purchase a wet-to-wet cooler in the aftermarket for cooling transmissions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts