Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am driving, and it happens whether it is hot or cold, the engine rpms will rev up until it gets into 2nd or 3rd gear. So far this has been going on for two weeks and is not consistent. It will do it for a couple of days and then not for a day or two. I took it to a shop and they said it is the transmission. We also test drove it and he looked at the rpm ratio (I think that is what he said) and it averaged about 200 to 250 rpm when trying to accelerate up inclines on the freeway (the first time was 600). Is there anything else it could be.

Also, he said it would cost about $3200 for a factory rebuilt transmission with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty. Any opinions on price.

I have a 2003 Trailblazer (V6) with 100,000 miles.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
When I am driving, and it happens whether it is hot or cold, the engine rpms will rev up until it gets into 2nd or 3rd gear. So far this has been going on for two weeks and is not consistent. It will do it for a couple of days and then not for a day or two. I took it to a shop and they said it is the transmission. We also test drove it and he looked at the rpm ratio (I think that is what he said) and it averaged about 200 to 250 rpm when trying to accelerate up inclines on the freeway (the first time was 600). Is there anything else it could be.

Also, he said it would cost about $3200 for a factory rebuilt transmission with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty. Any opinions on price.

I have a 2003 Trailblazer (V6) with 100,000 miles.
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat .No. You have a I-6. That does sound like the trans is on its way out. $3200 sounds a bit high. But you didn't fill out your User CP so in your area that might be a good price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.