Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woke up on morning and put my trailblazer in drive nothing happen put it in reverse it engaged took it to the shop and they say nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you drive all the way to the shop in Reverse??? (thats some talent) Well at least you had that gear. My transmission dropped out completely this morning, no gears not even reverse! It's sitting on the side of the interstate right now waiting on a trailer to get it back to the shop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it finally popped into to drive and then i drove it to the shop lol

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
The first thing i would do is get the transmission fluid changed. Usually the quickest cheapest way to fix a tranny problem. And that usually is the problem for transmissions is dirty fluid. But obviously if it keeps doing it frequently then take it to a shop or just have it replaced.
Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you have the Fluid or Transmission replaced? If it was the transmission, I agree you should have some sort of warranty.

I got my transmission replaced last Saturday and paid a little over $2k for labor, parts, dexron VI (synthetic transmission fluid), and a new Jasper transmission which comes with 3yr/100k mi warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got my truck back and they said they cant find nothing and it wont do what it was doing now

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
based on your user name you have an 02. early 02 tbs are known to have bad transmission due to weak sunshell parts that get damage easily in the trans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts