Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just waiting for Teebes to arrive so we can get on the road. Mods are as done as they're going to be. Packing was controlled until the last 20%, which turned chaotic - but I can improve on that as I spend some time at the camp sites.

Pics will come later after the sun comes up. :cool:

Last weather report for the region may require adjusting our plans - cold front, 45 MPH wind gusts tonight, snow level down to 3000 feet. Some of the passes around Death Valley are 7000-8000 feet.

I just felt compelled to start this thread with my post #5000! :woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be a real fun trip. Looking forward to the pics.

Congrats on #5000 :yes:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
69 Posts
My jealousy knows no bounds right now. Hope y'all have a blast...can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
396 Posts
Be safe out there Bill . When you readjust your schedule for the weather let me know , maybe I can shoot over and say hi for a day somewhere along the way :undecided .

·
Banned
371 Posts
Expo team checking in! Weather is a tad cold with plenty of WIND. Arggh. Otherwise, trip and trails have been phenomenal! Can't wait for more :)

My upload speed isn't quite stellar, so check out my photobucket for pics as they come online LINKY.

Will post again in the coming days when cell technology permits...

Expo team, out (huddling by the fire) :coffee

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roadie's alive and shivering in his tent, too. May have to go with plan B due to the unforecast disappearance of heat you can tent in. Without the wind, campfires are enough down to freezing.With 30-45 MPH wind, it's just downright miserable. There are plenty of cheap offseason motels here.

Teebes' pics will have to do for tonight. A warm sleeping bag awaits, and I might fight Teebes for his dog if it goes below 20. It shouldn't.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Did Mrs. Roadie come along or is it a boys outing?

What do you guys use for car-to-car communications?

I like the new pelican case on top of the truck Roadie... looks like a true expedition vehicle! Who am I kidding, it is! :hail:

Stay warm!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
285 Posts
looking like fun..... Surely you guys have a good sized tarp you can stretch between the backs of the two trucks to use as a wind break for your tents!??!!

MAN!! Am I jealious.... Here I am at work, and you guys are out driving away from everything..!!! :sadcry: :sadcry: :sadcry:

:hail:HAVE FUN:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
that is the only motivation for me to plan a trip and try to make it out west.. but the likly odds of me driving there... not so high...

i hope ya both have ur guide book just in case things go bad...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Looks like a good time! Hope you all stay warm. I'd offer to send you my bibs but I dont think you have a mobile mailbox.. then again you have just about everything else. But I dont think a mail jeep could get out where you all are.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We're alive, cold, but in a motel tonight...

and my tablet's keyboard died, so I'm tapping this out by stylus. So not many words tonight but I'll get you a few pics. Not a lot of daylight for wheeling, and some snow came above 9000 feet, and the coldest night in tents was about 24 degrees. Almost lost the Envoy down a 4000 foot dropoff when an unstable sandy shelf road started to collapse and we had to winch and strap it sideways until the anchor boulder started to move! Three hours later, with Teebes doing almost all the heavy work at 11,000 feet, I was safe. I owe him big time. Thanks, buddy!!

But the big news today is Trailvoys have been REPRESENTED ON THE RUBICON!!!

·
Banned
371 Posts
the Roadie said:
Trailvoys have been REPRESENTED ON THE RUBICON!!!
Congrats, Roadie!! It's been a long time coming - just happy to have been on the trail with you today:thumbsup::hail::woot::yes:

Not that all the other trails haven't been outstanding thus far (even yesterday), but hitting the Rubicon was out of this world today.

Here's to you, Roadie :hail::hail::hail:

:grouphug:

Pics and vid's coming soon (maybe in the morning, exhausted right now).

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One short, but full-resolution (32 MB) video to show what a steep, but good traction trail looks like.

http://www.roadie.org/laurellake.avi

Have lots of video to distill down, and still more trails to take. But nothing like the last three days. The really extreme stuff has been done. And one magnificent obsession fulfilled. Yes, it figured prominently on my bucket list. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
looks good roadie and teebes congrats on the nice trip!!

So the question is how would a 2WD TB do with AND without the G80? the entire trip that is

1 - 20 of 62 Posts